Discussion post points CA leak

Iron_Within

I think squads of 5 marines with a nice cheap autocannon or heavy Bolter are a decent objective camping option now, especially if you play Alpha Legion. I’d not argue they are competitive or anything, but they now put out significantly better firepower than 10 cultists at max range.

They have different jobs now. Chaos Space Marines are now better at protecting objectives due to Bolter Discipline, but Chaos Cultists can move upfield and screen better. I think you need both in a list now.

To be honest I still don't think you need Chaos Marines in your list. If it's just backfield objective camping then Chosen with Combi-Bolters will be able to do that much better since you rarely need ObSec in your backfield anyway and they get twice as many shots per model for only little more points ... and you can give them free Chainswords or cheap Chainaxes in case some sneaky unit wants to fight over those objectives as well.

They have different jobs now. Chaos Space Marines are now better at protecting objectives due to Bolter Discipline, but Chaos Cultists can move upfield and screen better. I think you need both in a list now.

To be honest I still don't think you need Chaos Marines in your list. If it's just backfield objective camping then Chosen with Combi-Bolters will be able to do that much better since you rarely need ObSec in your backfield anyway and they get twice as many shots per model for only little more points ... and you can give them free Chainswords or cheap Chainaxes in case some sneaky unit wants to fight over those objectives as well.

You're right. Chosen are still better.

Archived