Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Discussion post points CA leak

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 399 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
They have different jobs now. Chaos Space Marines are now better at protecting objectives due to Bolter Discipline, but Chaos Cultists can move upfield and screen better. I think you need both in a list now.
  • Redtoof likes this

Redtoof

Redtoof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 591 posts
I think squads of 5 marines with a nice cheap autocannon or heavy Bolter are a decent objective camping option now, especially if you play Alpha Legion. I’d not argue they are competitive or anything, but they now put out significantly better firepower than 10 cultists at max range.
I do a blog. It has battle reports and stuff on it.
https://redtoof.blogspot.co.uk/

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,980 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

They have different jobs now. Chaos Space Marines are now better at protecting objectives due to Bolter Discipline, but Chaos Cultists can move upfield and screen better. I think you need both in a list now.

To be honest I still don't think you need Chaos Marines in your list. If it's just backfield objective camping then Chosen with Combi-Bolters will be able to do that much better since you rarely need ObSec in your backfield anyway and they get twice as many shots per model for only little more points ... and you can give them free Chainswords or cheap Chainaxes in case some sneaky unit wants to fight over those objectives as well.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 399 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

To be honest I still don't think you need Chaos Marines in your list. If it's just backfield objective camping then Chosen with Combi-Bolters will be able to do that much better since you rarely need ObSec in your backfield anyway and they get twice as many shots per model for only little more points ... and you can give them free Chainswords or cheap Chainaxes in case some sneaky unit wants to fight over those objectives as well.

You're right. Chosen are still better.

Edited by Daemon Prince Marbas, 22 January 2019 - 11:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)