Chris521

So no 5ppm Guardsmen confirmed?

Well photos of two consecutive pages, with the list going from hydra to lord commissar on the page change. Infantry Squad would be between the two, so is not on the list.

I'd say as confirmed as you can from photos.

Where is that second page with the lord commissar? The one posted in this threat (and that I saw elders here) are one that ends at hydra and one that is only forgeworld (starts with a Leman Russ variant).

I'm liking what I've seen, overall (i.e. not just Guard). As I mentioned in the N&R topic I feel this is aimed at correcting some of the internal problems so better balance there will help armies be more rounded. This is great news, and while I don't think it'll impact the larger picture a great deal it is surely a good foundation at the least. I'm keen to see everything now and get to the table top! Or rather more so that before :biggrin.:

It looks like most units went down for every army...

It looks like they internally balanced all the codex's but instead of putting powerful units up in cost, they put everything else down. Makes sense to sell more toys I guess and better internal balance is always welcome.

I won't feel quite so handicapped taking Veterans in Chimeras now which is nice :)

Not all doom and gloom then. One thing I will add the Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company has piqued my interest. More of a reason to get a wyvern and bring my MoO to the party.

@wassa strange on the astropath, I already thought they were under costed

Seeing as we have seen the points adjustments leaked from this years CA I have created this thread to focus discussion surrounding it and what it means for your lists.

I don't have time at the moment to do a review and breakdown of all the changes, but don't let that stop any Frater from adding in here for the convenience of others!

Tank Commanders at 142p...is that a 25p reduction?

It is an it's glorious. Plasma cannons and executioner plasma cannons also went down 5 points so that's a 40 point reduction on the total plasma executioner.

Overlapping fields of fire here we come!

This does create a problem for the battle cannon. It is now the most expensive gun you can equip a leman russ with. After the demolisher got a huge point reduction, it is now the most expensive gun to be used by the leman russ. It is still useful, but it begs a question. Is it worth taking a battle cannon over a basilisk or executioner when it's 2D6 shot (grinding advance) S8, -2AP, D3 damage? It gets the same number of shots, and strength as an overcharged executioner with an inferior AP and an inferior average damage output. The range is the only real utility it has,but that's beaten by the basilisk which shoots a S9 -3AP D3 damage round and it doesn't have to expose itself. With a 5 point reduction to the executioner and 10 points for 2 plasma sponsons, the battle cannon is obsolete.

Archived