Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guard and 2018 Chapter Approved

chapter approved astra militrum imperial guard point changes 2018

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Trickstick

Trickstick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts

I'm now just waiting for those new formations to cement what I'm thinking. Which is:

Infantry style brigade, maybe new formation if decent. Sentinels, hydra/manticore.

Fist Spearhead with Demolishers. Get in close and murder things.

Chris521

Chris521

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 325 posts

Yeah my hope is that both the infantry formation and the assault company will work well for brigades.  There are several brigade filling units that could potentially get rules for it like mech vets and sentinels.

mertbl

mertbl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 738 posts
Nevermind. Reading is hard.

Missile launcher to 15 and AC to 10. Super excited.

Edited by mertbl, 07 December 2018 - 10:39 PM.

Chris521

Chris521

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 325 posts

Plasma for infantry squads went up to 11 from 7. That hurts a bit as I was running 6 squads with them.

Look again, price is 7 points for bs4+ and 11 for everything else.

Trickstick

Trickstick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts

Plasma for infantry squads went up to 11 from 7. That hurts a bit as I was running 6 squads with them.

It's the 3+ plasma that changed, going down. "Plasma gun (model with a Ballistic Skill of 4+)" didn't change, "other models" did. Which is the 3+/2+ ones.

• Least Devotee likes this

mertbl

mertbl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 738 posts
Nice!!!

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 679 posts
The God-Emperor has blessed his most devoted servants this day.
  • noigrim likes this
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 597 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Blood Angels
Well all armies have had that plasma change. It means the marines and hellblasters are now cheaper. It only really affects our scions and veterans.
  • Least Devotee likes this

FallenSoldiers

FallenSoldiers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 479 posts
http://www.belloflos...g-stronger.html

Shows the Emperors Wrath Detachment

HallofStovokor

HallofStovokor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 609 posts
Has anyone else noticed that scout sentinels and armored sentinels are the exact same price now? That seems kind of crazy
  • Halfpint100 and Colonel Cross like this

domsto

domsto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
So with sions getting cheapter and Plasma getting cheaper AND a Sion Special Detachment on the horizon i think sions are back in business even with the hard nerf to deepstrike^^

After all i quite like the fact that it is now possible the build some divrent Lists and be still valid while doing so.
  • duz_ likes this

A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt.

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

Scions did not get cheaper, but they no longer pay for their Hot-Shot Laguns or Hot-shot Laspistols, while some Special Weapons went down as well.

Taurox BC and ML going down is pretty awesome. The Scion detachment's relic is whatever, the strategem looks fine, the WT is awesome defined. Just need to see the other strategem,

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

adamantium_wang

adamantium_wang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts
I've been doing dumb things with spreadsheets today and tabulated the changes brought about by CA 2018. After being worried about squeezing things into my lists after 5 point Guardsmen it turns out we've made out like absolute bandits:

71ZBHpm.jpg
  • G8Keeper, WarriorFish, CaptainMarsh and 8 others like this

mertbl

mertbl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 738 posts
Interested to see what changes come to the equipment that didnt change points. They said if its listed but didnt change, its data sheet would be different.

domsto

domsto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Scions did not get cheaper, but they no longer pay for their Hot-Shot Laguns or Hot-shot Laspistols, while some Special Weapons went down as well.

Taurox BC and ML going down is pretty awesome. The Scion detachment's relic is whatever, the strategem looks fine, the WT is awesome defined. Just need to see the other strategem,

So they got cheaper in the end. From 10ppm with weapons to 9ppm with weapons.
That makes a huge diffrence.

A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt.

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts

It does make a difference, agreed. Very happy! Just want to clarify that the Scion did not get less expensive, rather his gear did. It is in the end not a major difference, but until the book is out and everyone has a knock at it, I wanna make sure that people who are reading do not somehow misconstrue that they no longer pay for their HSLG/LP AND also lost a point on the model. :)

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,038 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock

Wow. eek.gif

Guard got a whole lot of love.

Armoured Sentinels are 30pts? Much cheaper Chimeras? Tallarn armies with no -1 to moving and firing HW's just got even better.

Even Sly Marbo got a reduction! laugh.png

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 597 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Blood Angels
Oh Ratlings went up, that’s a bit of a bummer.

H311fi5h

H311fi5h

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 289 posts

Oh Ratlings went up, that’s a bit of a bummer.

That was already in CA 2017. 

GuardDaddy

GuardDaddy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 429 posts

An infantry squad with missile launcher and plasma gun is now 62pts. Very flexible unit with anti-tank and anti infantry ability. Not the kind of thing that gets headlines, but I think an excellent price point now.

I am creating a custom regiment, the Fallax Hammers based on Necromunda models. Please take a moment to view Work in Progress here

gallery_30308_9518_2534.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 679 posts
I find it a bit odd that Power Armour got reductions to AC, Twin-Las and some other weapons and now pay the exact same as us for them.

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts

I think thats fine. Same weapons should have the same cost, and a model's ability to use it better or worse reflected through model costs.

Phubar

Phubar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts

I find it a bit odd that Power Armour got reductions to AC, Twin-Las and some other weapons and now pay the exact same as us for them.

Do we have the screen of the SM wargear page?
The points listed here are for AM wargear, not Imperial wargear.
Not to be annoying, just asking for curiosity :)

Commissar potato

Commissar potato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
I heard someone mention the emperors wraith and artillery in the same sentence. Would you mind telling me what that does? Thanks, I am an artillery player and that sounds awesome!
Not one potato here has permission to die until we give these cruel potato owners a cadian welcome! FIRST RANK FIRE! SEACOND RANK FIRE!

Trickstick

Trickstick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts

I heard someone mention the emperors wraith and artillery in the same sentence. Would you mind telling me what that does? Thanks, I am an artillery player and that sounds awesome!

Basically gives you more options for basilisks, hydras and wyverns. A warlord trait that gives them an extra -1ap on a 6 to wound if within 6". A relic that gives a unit ignore cover within 6". A stratagem that lets you shoot twice. Another stratagem than lets a unit forgo shooting to make an enemy half their movement and cancel overwatch.

I think it seems decent, I'm considering giving it to my main brigade and using Hydras, as they dropped 15pts. I do have manticores instead of basilisks, which don't get a bonus, which is a shame.

Edited by Trickstick, 08 December 2018 - 12:45 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chapter approved, astra militrum, imperial guard, point changes, 2018

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users