LRR - 180 (Was 244 = -64)
Libby - 113 (Was 157 = -44p)
PallyAnc - 98 (Was 140 = -42p)
Pallies - 47 (Was 53 = --6p)
Puries - 19 (Was 26 = -7p)
Razor - 70 (Was 70 = carried over)
Servitors - 5 (Was 2 = +3p) ?
SR - 192 (Was 192 = carried over)
TechMarine - 55 (Was 91 = -44p) [Even cheaper still, servo arms dropped from 12 > 0 and plasma cutters from 7 > 5]
Termies - 39 (Was 41 = -2p)
VenDread - 85 (Was 110 = -25p)

Stern - 105 (Was 157 = -52p)
Crowe - 80 (Was 125 = -45p)
Voldus - 153 (Was 190 = -37p)
Draigo - 180 (Was 240 = -60p)

Hurricane Bolters - 10 (Was 20 = -10p)
H. Incinerator - 19 (Was 40 = -21p)
H. Psycannon - 24 (Was 30 = -6p)
Incinerator - 9 (Was 14 = -5p)
Psycannon - 7 (11 for termies) (Was 14/20 = -7/9p)
Psilencer for Termies - 8 (Was 10 = -2p)
Incinerator for termies - 13 (Was 20 = -7p)
Twinlas - 40 (Was 50 = -10p)
Twin MM - 40  (Was 54 = -14p)
Typhoon - 38 (Was 50 = -12p)
ML - 20 (Was 25 = -5p)

Plasma Cannon - 16 (Was 21 = -5p)

Twin Assault Cannon - 44 (Was 44 = carried over)

TWIN LINKED PLASMA CANNONS ARE NOW CORRECTLY COSTED LOL. 60p > 24p

My take away from all this is that you never use strikes again, just use Interceptors with a loyal 32 for your CP. Then spam the :censored: out of characters.

EDIT: Unless there are rule changes of course.

Cheaper “garbage” is still “garbage”. Like was being said all along I feel the majority of us would have preferred it if they had of just made our units better and kept the higher points cost. It is what it is tho I guess. Even with the big cost reduction to techmarines will anyone even use them now? And why servitor point increase? They were too op I guess?..

Im honestly pretty excited for the big point drops, but I'm hoping it'll be magnified by new Smite rules that'll make them more worth their points!

Not to be another brother on the 'wagon of woe' here, but not a single credible leak or preview has mentioned something as big as our entire army getting a rebuilt smite.  Don't misunderstand, maybe with that our points would make a little more sense but I wont not be getting your hopes up for 'full smite'.

I'll have to agree I don't see GK's as the big winner as GW community site has stated. My other armies have better/more effective point reductions that has me more excited then the GK list.  

Overall here's what I've noted: 

1: All power armor are created equal 19 ppm for GK power armor pts added to interceptors for added ability

2: Characters massively reduced; but that was done across the board. This is where we got most of our points on a model basis.

3: weapons were  the one area I see they did the most balancing. I might take a look at our other ranged weapon options now... and by other I pretty much mean only incinerator psycannon is still bad 

4: Pushing for people to use dreadnaughts, they are an iconic unit and we might see them more often especially with astral aim.

With the amount of points saved we get... not much where it matters. I can see GK's being taken more often as an allied detachment using a patrol detachment (HQ of choice paladins and apothecary) 

Still need to see if there are any rules changes.

A few thoughts

A land raider is now 297 (previously 356) points with 2 twin lass and twin heavy bolter. Unlike most others, if it gets tagged it can be gated out... Possibly by a (now) super cheap psychic techmarine you used to fill out a battalion. You can fit 10 dudes in there and hide a squad or two behind it. Storm raven weapons got cheaper and so did Razorbacks. Transports are definitely looking better with the points changes and prepared positions stratagem.

Ancients got really big drops. +1 attack will be a big help. And we can double our auras with the stratagem.

I'm looking forward to bringing GK to the table. Most likely allied with BA or Ravenwing.

My 2k imperial guard army got a proportionally bigger discount than my 2.5 grey knight list did. I've been playing gk/dh since 2003, but unless the full smite or new strategems or something else changes, we are the Bretonnians (my fantasy army) of 40k. Just about had it with GW at this point.

Landraider still have the huge problem of being an expensive transport/heavy weapon platform hybrid that can get disabled by a single model. Expensive weapon platforms are fine since they usually stay back and shoot so are protected by the rest of the army, however with a transport you want to get right into the middle of the enemy army where is no protection and your opponent can just charge it and all your protection and heavy weapons you paid so many points for will be useless.

So no other rules. Well now I know where everything lies I can start planning.

With regards to the land raider you have options to de-tag it. Gate it out of combat or keep crowe and or purifiers nearby for D6 smite. Dark angels have a 2cp startagem to fall back and shoot and all other marines can do f all.

With so many hordes around people are packing lots of anti infantry. A whole army with a 2+ save could stick around.

Archived