SW Page from CA

Fire Wolf

I haven't seen the whole CA yet. Did anyone get a point increase?

Just a few units. Chaos Cultists and Servitors spring to mind. A few characters such as Mephiston also went up. But it was mostly unpopular units going down to try and match the points efficiency of popular units.

I have to think they simply forgot to include the SW changes. Why did every other space marine army get character decrease but SW? Why did named units in other space marine armies get point decreases but SW?

I'm sure the codex that was delayed for zero good reason has something to do with this. Hopefully an errata will fix this including specifying the TWC SS cost should be 2 points.

I have to think they simply forgot to include the SW changes. Why did every other space marine army get character decrease but SW? Why did named units in other space marine armies get point decreases but SW?

I'm sure the codex that was delayed for zero good reason has something to do with this. Hopefully an errata will fix this including specifying the TWC SS cost should be 2 points.

Space Wolves, Orks and Dark Eldar didn't get any reductions, aside from updating from CA2017. We just happened to be collateral...uh, positive(?) from regular Marines getting points drops.

We didn't get any unique unit drops: you could argue that Swiftclaws et al are unique, but they are fundamentally identical (cost and role wise) to their C:SM counterparts, hence why they got drops. And why we didn't get a TWC Storm Shield drop, for example.

Space Wolves, Orks and Dark Eldar didn't get any reductions, aside from updating from CA2017. We just happened to be collateral...uh, positive(?) from regular Marines getting points drops.

We didn't get any unique unit drops: you could argue that Swiftclaws et al are unique, but they are fundamentally identical (cost and role wise) to their C:SM counterparts, hence why they got drops. And why we didn't get a TWC Storm Shield drop, for example.

we might see a CA2018 FAQ in the next month/coming weeks that update the missing dex's.

but just like the wolf codex, I assume the GSC codex will need lots of updating the day it is released .

Just a few units. Chaos Cultists and Servitors spring to mind. A few characters such as Mephiston also went up. But it was mostly unpopular units going down to try and match the points efficiency of popular units.

Servitors actually went down in cost significantly.  Their Servo-arms are now free, their base cost was adjusted up as a result.

Simon Grant (GW Space wolf guy) is on FB saying TWC should fall under the other models points. Not official ruling but about as close to RAI as we can get

Thats great news, is there a link? I assume this means its on the radar for an FAQ though.

Simon Grant (GW Space wolf guy) is on FB saying TWC should fall under the other models points. Not official ruling but about as close to RAI as we can get

Thats great news, is there a link? I assume this means its on the radar for an FAQ though.

med_gallery_49686_13920_66249.jpg

Now...given the fact that "other" does not have a definition without context (i.e., the stuff listed is not part of "other") IMHO the RAW does not include TWC.

Chapter approved did not change or remove the separate entry for TWC on p.144 so "other" doesn't encompass TWC (same way "other" doesn't change characters)

I hope GW gets a quick errata on this

Now...given the fact that "other" does not have a definition without context (i.e., the stuff listed is not part of "other") IMHO the RAW does not include TWC.

Chapter approved did not change or remove the separate entry for TWC on p.144 so "other" doesn't encompass TWC (same way "other" doesn't change characters)

Thanks! Yea hopefully errata soon but this will suffice for testing in friendly games IMO. I hope we also get a ruling on the indomitus crusaders detachment for non-codex chapters.

I expect a BIG Errata after GSC is released.

that has corrected CA2018 stuff for

ORKS

KNIGHTS

WOlves

GSC

Don't see that post anymore but would be awesome if officially ratified!

I know there not a popular unit but are wolf scout bikers still 31 points while the normal SM ones went down to 21? kinda going mad trying to find the answer

Yeah, they're still 31 each, which is dumb, but Space Wolves weren't fully included in CA so there's hope for an FAQ to include them in the next month or so.

Servitors actually went down in cost significantly.  Their Servo-arms are now free, their base cost was adjusted up as a result.

Good catch, I totally failed to twig that one!

At 5ppm, Servitors are actually now useful as chaff for screening! Chaff that hits with servo arms! :biggrin.:

Don't see that post anymore but would be awesome if officially ratified!

I think he got in trouble for this one and took the post down

When the guy who wrote our codex and still works for GW confirms the 2 point counts for TWC and Wulfen there's nothing left to debate. It is clearly 2 points as it should be.

Simon is no longer part of the rules team and didn’t write this Codex. He’s a Community writer now and while he’s still very knowledgable he’s not infallible.

Not to be a negative Njal but does anyone else feel like it's pretty messed up that this premium priced ruled update doesn't seem to have been updated for a codex which has been out for a month and is expected to have a FAQ right after release? Day two FAQs are one thing for actual army books. But if they're going to make us pay (pretty exorbitantly) for points changes, then release a free points change document to fix the premium points change document...why not just make the points changes come for free?

Not to be a negative Njal but does anyone else feel like it's pretty messed up that this premium priced ruled update doesn't seem to have been updated for a codex which has been out for a month and is expected to have a FAQ right after release? Day two FAQs are one thing for actual army books. But if they're going to make us pay (pretty exorbitantly) for points changes, then release a free points change document to fix the premium points change document...why not just make the points changes come for free?

i wrote exactly that in their outreach to fans last year.

i already own the codex i refuse to pay codex pricing for point updates

i dont mind spending money on this hobby but give me value. the chapter approved money grab pisses me off

CA should be digital download only. It doesn't even need any fancy formatting and such. Most people need just a couple pages out of that entire "book" relating to the army they play (and a much lower minority would need a few more for a second army).

GW needs to keep points completely out of the codex, period. Then have a points PDF per army that they update regularly, much like errata. It could even BE the erratta document, since I don't think they've ever published a book that didn't get errata at some point.

Archived