Legal Grotesques

shortysl

New to Dark Eldar but not 40k. I have a fair few of the old metal Grotesques but they're a good size smaller than the current models. Anyone know if they're still legal? I don't remember seeing anything that would make them illegal but I also don't want to be modelling for advantage. Does anyone know what the official stance is?

For some odd reason they swapped over the names of the Wrack and Grotesque units when they redid Dark Eldar.

In the original codex, Grotesques were the man-sized unit and Wracks were the big fellas.

Why they switched names around I have no idea.

Because, from memory, the old Grotesques still represented what the current ones are, being horrifically-altered experiments of the Haemonculi. It seems the designers thought it'd be more fun to make them Ogryn-sized, to accentuate and heighten what's been done to them, so they then came up with the idea of Wracks, the proto-Haemonculi, to give the Covens a Troop choice.

I mean, you're still half-right, in a way? Lets face it, in the old "no fluff" Codex, the only thing we knew about Grotesques were they were freaky-looking abominations created by the Haemonculi. That could have described the current Wracks as well. They just chose to emphasise the "abomination" aspect of the Grotesques, rather than the more clinical, intentional Wracks.

• 1 month later...

Archived