Emperor's Children - 2,000 points - No Rite of War

Thyam

So I created this 2,000 points list for games with my friends and at Firestorm Games in Cardiff when I can actually travel there (currently in a crutch). My Chaos Army for 8th Edition is this one with changes.

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Legion Champion [135pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Paragon Blade, Power Armour (Centurion/Consul)

. Consul: Champion, Legion

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon [175pts]

. Cortus Dreadnought

. . Dreadnought Chainfist: Graviton Gun

. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Graviton Gun

Mortis Dreadnought, Legion [155pts]: 2 x Twin-linked Lascannon

Palatine Blade Squad [305pts]: Jump packs, 6x Palatine Warriors, 6x Power Sword

. Palatine Prefector: Pheonix Spear

Phoenix Terminator Squad [380pts]: 4x Phoenix Terminators

. Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod: Frag Assault Launchers

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [220pts]: 14x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Standard Wargear: Bolters

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Bolter, Phoenix Spear

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [220pts]: 14x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Standard Wargear: Bolters

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Bolter, Phoenix Spear

Tactical Support Squad, Legion Meltagun [225pts]: Meltagun, 4x Space Marines, Legion, Support Squad

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Multi Melta

. Sergeant, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Meltagun

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Support Squad, Legion Volkite Culverin [185pts]: Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Volkite Culverin

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: III: Emperor's Children, Loyalist

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

The plan is as follows:

Use the Champion with his retinue of Palatine Blades to zip in and engage scary powered marines, while the Phoenix Terminators take on the bigger fries, slamming into them in their Dreadclaw and hopefully wreaking havoc.

Melta squad zipping around frying :censored: in the Rhino, and with a multi-melta it's a decent firebase on its own just fragile.

The Mortis is for any pesky fliers or tanks that need attention, while the Cortus is just scary and I love it and it must charge everything. :tongue.:

The two Tactical squads do what they do... which is objectives.

The Volkite Culverin squad is there to make sure they the Tacticals don't get too swarmed, and they can tackle AV10-12 stuff when needed, as them 20 shots are going to do some damage.

When I plan to expand it, I can make the Champion a Praetor and access the RoW, while I have three Land Speeders with multi-meltas and graviton guns, a Predator with a melta cannon and a multi-melta, another squad of Terminators (each equipped with combi-plasma and lightning claw), while I want to get another Dreadnought and hopefully a Sicarian...

Oh and a Forge Lord and 6 Thallax (2 rad-cleansers)... :biggrin.:

Any ideas on making it better?

Others with more experience may have better input, but my here's my input:

- Phoenix Terminators were primarily Fulgrim's bodyguard, so not totally fluffy for a loyalist force, and not the best of units anyway.

- The Palatine Blades will probably receive a lot of fire on the first turn as - apart from maybe the culverin squad, they're the only marine units that are going to be an early threat. Both of these units are relativvely small and only have a 3+ save. I would recommend filling your troops slots with assault marines for more threat, or putting the Palatine Blades in an Anvillus or even a Land Raider, but then the Culverin squad are more vulnerable. EC need to be assaulting to be most effective.

- Apothecaries might be handy. Alternatively, so might transports

- The Cortus Dreadnought might have a rough time slogging it up the field. I imagine he would work better outflanking in a Maru Skara list though. Maybe you should find a way to fit a Praetor in the list, or a Delegatus if you don't want to sink too many points.

- Without more armour saturation, a multi-melta might be a wasted investment on the rhino too.

Drop the Phoenix Terminators.

Get an Apothecary w. Jump Pack for your Palatines / Legion Champion. 

Add two more Palatines to the unit.

Cut your Tac squads down to 10 and get them Metal Boxes. (Or do it just for one of the units and expand the second unit to 20 plus Apothecary.)

Get Artificer Armour on your Sergeants.

Drop the Melta Tac Support.

Get Melta Vets (in an Anvillus) or Seekers (in a scouting Proteus) instead. They're better and are still scoring units.

If you want to keep your Volkite Heavy Support Squad, I'd advise on getting them an Apothecary and an Augury Scanner.

In general, like JDizzle said above, needs more Armour as well as Anti-Armour.

Lastly, I'd consider switching the Legion Champion for a Delegatus running the 'Orphans of Betrayal'  RoW, should you decide to stick with the Loyalist course.

Archived