Are allies a faux pas ?

BLACK BLΠFLY

I wouldn't trust someone with allies in a pick up game. Pick up games are like dates, blind ones can be terrible or awesome, but given the number of awful people in the 'dating pool' (powergamers and metagamers) its more than likely to be terrible.

I still feel bad about my first 6th edition game, I wanted to play with both my Tau and Chaos so I took Tau allies. I should have played a smaller point game with the guy, and we could have played two games maybe.

I like allies, i think even the cheese lists have some iota of fluff to them. I dont see space marine chapters being 1000 mean plus retainers and support staff really able to fight a war by themselves. They will need the guard, knights, assassins, etc.

In 40k i also dont see things like modern armirs but more like medieval europe were a few strong leaders could call upon the fighting men on thier lands and if heeded a call or with how many all depended on current allies and such.

So most large wars in 40k are going to be a mishmash of various fighting forces whose lords heeded the call for war.

However clearly the imperium, chaos, and eldar have the upper hand. It is definitely less fair to the other races who just dont have forces with witch to ally.

Archived