GK celebration: Danarc's Grey Knights showcase

Danarc

Despite the situation of our codex rules, our models are still among the best looking in the GW miniatures range, so I would like to show you my Grey Knights Army and his history.

First of all a wide point of view of the army. Every single knight has his own heraldry that is different from each other. All the names, except the official ones and Brother Garro, are taken from the members of the Round table knights.

zBliU1K.jpg

The head quarters of the Army is composed by our beloved Supreme Grand Master Lord Kaldor Draigo, that rends the warp veil and come back into the material world every time my army takes the field since 7th edition. Behind him, there are Brother Captain Stern, the ruling the shelf fortress of Titano since he join the army, and his councilor, Brother Garro, a former intended-to-be inquisitor (in TDA) redirected to be part of one of the mighty armies of the Emperor.

Last, but not least, two librarians, Palavedes and Bedivere (the first one is a modified version of the old SM librarian model and the second one has been modified using the BA librarian of Space Hulk boardgames) that leaded dozens battles before the spread of Cicatrix Maledictum, when they started living in the Pronosticar chamber trying to see into the mists of the future.  

qmNxNoP.jpg

Two Grand Masters, Rothwyr Morvans, Protector of the Sancta Sanctorum, and Anval Laraon, High Seneschal of the Fortress, has been deployed into the battlefield several times during the last 100 years, wearing their powerful Dreadnight Armor suits Mark II. (I don't like the original DK, so I create a new version of DK using the Inquisitorial dreadnought body, a DK and the head of the defilers. I am quite proud of the results).

GfDr9sR.jpg

But the heroes of the chapter are not alone! Into the Halls of Champions Brothers Gawain, Percival and Uriens walk under the sage gaze of the Apotechary Galhard the pure and the Paladin Ancient Lamorak. (I modified the paladins models using all but front chest of the paladin set that has been substitute by the Death Wings capes. The two parts don't fit very well, so I had to use a lot of green stuff)

3dXtANI.jpg

KAWRMB0.jpg

In these strange and perilous times, there are always some brothers wearing our anointed Terminator Dreadnought Armor Aegis keep watching the fortress of Titan. Even if not fielded since the 7th edition, they are always ready to fight the daemonic threat, leaded by Justicar Uriens.

LY8Wylg.jpg

Our tireless troops prefer use our unique power armour pattern, that grant them more mobility, despite the lack of protection. Since the creation of the chapter those armors worked perfectly, but during the last period the deep strike harness seems having some problems and some brothers would change their backpacks with personal teleporters ones. The three squads are lead by Justicar Constantin, Justicar Gaheris and Justicar Daniel

mOj7T0E.jpg

(Every unit has a specific pattern of the heraldry that allows to recognize to which unit belongs every model)

GozNYWM.jpg

But the ranks of the Grey Knight can't be complete without the squads of Purifiers (two), leaded by the Justicars Tristans and Geraint and with the incorruptible Castellan Crowe, that fought at the beginning of the 8th edition against a Death Guard Army, bringing hope and light in a putrid world. (He only did one gate to the LR and no more during the entire match).

oFCKwR1.jpg

From the armory we have the Land raider Wrath of the Emperor 

XWhad82.jpg

and the Stormraven Wings of Fury

iXtjKF7.jpg

eIdpN5k.jpg

Archived