More Dakka

9x19 Parabellum

Got a question for you Orkies.

I played my Blood Angels vs. my buddy's Orks last night. It was a fantastic game, very close, but the Orks pulled off a win. It was my first game vs. the new Ork codex and I thought it was very well balanced except for one thing and I just want to make sure he/we were doing it right.

He used More Dakka with his Tankbustas against my Stormraven.

Normally, Orks would only hit on 6's, vs. a Stormraven becuase of the -1 penalty to hit.

More Dakka reads, I think that the "Dakka" rule now triggers on unmodified 5 or 6s.  He interpreted this as ignoring the -1 penalty to hit. I'm not convinced that is correct.  Do you guys know what the correct ruling is?

Combined with Tankbustas reroll of hits against vehicles, that just pushed his shooting to better than Astartes levels; on par with Custodes. That seems really whacked to me....

Got a question for you Orkies.

I played my Blood Angels vs. my buddy's Orks last night. It was a fantastic game, very close, but the Orks pulled off a win. It was my first game vs. the new Ork codex and I thought it was very well balanced except for one thing and I just want to make sure he/we were doing it right.

He used More Dakka with his Tankbustas against my Stormraven.

Normally, Orks would only hit on 6's, vs. a Stormraven becuase of the -1 penalty to hit.

More Dakka reads, I think that the "Dakka" rule now triggers on unmodified 5 or 6s.  He interpreted this as ignoring the -1 penalty to hit. I'm not convinced that is correct.  Do you guys know what the correct ruling is?

Combined with Tankbustas reroll of hits against vehicles, that just pushed his shooting to better than Astartes levels; on par with Custodes. That seems really whacked to me....

I believe he played it correctly. 

I guess you know what to kill faster next time . lol   Best of luck! 

NovaReveals-Aug29-Dakka46hvfrenw.jpg

From that, I'd assume that only dice that showed a '6' result would count, owing to the 'unmodified hit roll of 6' stipulation. What am I missing?

more-dakka.jpg

I don't see how 'More Dakka' affects the Dakka Dakka Dakka rule?

That's from the Mek shop special rules not the stratagem "More Dakka".  -   Which says. That it triggers the Dakka Dakka Dakka ability on unmodified rolls of a 5 and 6 instead of 6.

Thanks for your help guys.  I figured he had (he's usually spot on with his rules knowledge but every so often he errs).

I'm still stunned at the efficacy of this.  Some of the best shooting in the game came out of that unit. I think the first time he used it they ended up with more hits than there were models. 

Archived