Vox Cast: The Repository Thread

Slips

That was pleasant. I liked Ep. 1 a bit more, entirely because of the interviewee. I think I'll definitely be keeping up with these. And the "other" one they do with that "other" game was enjoyable because it was another well known old name at GW, and that was a good listen even if I don't care for the "new" version of the "other" game.

Back to Ep2 tho... He referred to his blog where he gives out his own paintingntips and such. Did anybody catch the name or know the link? I'd like to see that.

That was pleasant. I liked Ep. 1 a bit more, entirely because of the interviewee. I think I'll definitely be keeping up with these. And the "other" one they do with that "other" game was enjoyable because it was another well known old name at GW, and that was a good listen even if I don't care for the "new" version of the "other" game.

Back to Ep2 tho... He referred to his blog where he gives out his own paintingntips and such. Did anybody catch the name or know the link? I'd like to see that.

Razza Mini Painting

His Instagram and Twitter are also well worth checking out!

What I found particularly interesting is that he (almost) confirms that he is currently working on the Sisters of Battle which, as human-sized models, I'm hoping will be compatible with the Genestealer Cultists and Adeptus Mechanicus ranges.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax

• 2 weeks later...

I found the discussion at about 45 mins regarding traditional and Primaris Marines very interesting. Especially how they discuss upgrading and how a lot of Chapter's view them with suspicion.

I like the idea marines have to die in order to change to a Primaris and are described as the third wave. The differences between those created at different times is very interesting and how I have pictured them since release which I like.

I think most of the interview wasn't really as interesting as the other two though because it's stuff I have heard elsewhere. I do like how one on one discussion can change perceptions of the customer base who aren't sat in on every meeting and can interpret things differently.

I think they've all added value in different ways to my (extremely) limited understanding of the hobby.

I'd also like to think it humanises GW when there are a fair few haters who do regard the company as a monolithic entity. The fact that the miniature designers are purposefully designing stuff that fits/flows across ranges is an example of that.

I swear at about 9:31-9:32 in this, you can hear Phil Kelly say "3rd Addicti... 3rd Edition"

Which quite honestly is both REALLY up-front from someone in GW, and top-notch funny. I had to replay it for the Missus and her response was "Well, it's not called plasti-crack for nothin'."

Man...I'd just like some a sweet as to what happened with the 6th Ed chaos codex. Why it was so copy pasted when eldar and others were so baller...

I find it hard to dislike him (Phil Kelly) though.

Edited by Trevak Dal

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoying these. I even subscribed to the AoS one and I don’t collect or play AoS!

Few tidbits in there, including confirmation that 1K Sons were scaled to look right next to the (the forthcoming) Primaris.

I posted this in a thread ages ago. I chatted with one of the designers at an open day ref marine scaling. He stated that marines going forward would be of a larger scale i.e the new black legion. All this is done to keep it in line with the primaria.

We’ve know about the slight upscaling ‘going forward’ for normal and chaos marines for a long time now, since 2016, or even 2012 with the dark vengeance chosen.

Normal humans got upscaled at a similar time.

Edited by Robbienw

New Episode is out

dissappointed that there wasn't much talk about the Tau. was still fun to listen to.

The bit they do talk reminds me of the Tau I used to love. The modern combined arms force in the 1st and 2nd Tau codex. I greatly dislike the animation inspired, ever bigger robots they have become, especially with the weird leg sticking out poses they all seem to have now. I love big 40k robots but the newer battlesuit styles just aren’t for me.

But it was interesting to hear tidbits such as the rail rifle development

I'm a little behind and I have over 50 podcast episodes to work through so i'll probably never catch up, but I listened to the Jes Goodwin one and thought his explanation of how he approaches faction design was fantastic and working 5 years ahead Wow!

The bit they do talk reminds me of the Tau I used to love. The modern combined arms force in the 1st and 2nd Tau codex. I greatly dislike the animation inspired, ever bigger robots they have become, especially with the weird leg sticking out poses they all seem to have now. I love big 40k robots but the newer battlesuit styles just aren’t for me.

Having painted a Riptide for my nephew I must say I adore that kit but I'm really not a fan of the Stormsurge. If they wanted to make a distinction between the Stormsurge and a "proper" battlesuit, why didn't they just make it a tank instead of an ungainly hybrid? I agree that the combined arms approach to Tau is a good direction but I do love stompy robots... :wub:

Edited by Flame Boy

New Episode is out

dissappointed that there wasn't much talk about the Tau. was still fun to listen to.

Ya.

I personally hope we get drones that can run battlesuite systems for a infantry squad. Expensive, but force boosting.

Would also love to see a build your own commander, suit, systems, weapons.

As I would love a xv25 with a heavy pulse rifle

Having painted a Riptide for my nephew I must say I adore that kit but I'm really not a fan of the Stormsurge. If they wanted to make a distinction between the Stormsurge and a "proper" battlesuit, why didn't they just make it a tank instead of an ungainly hybrid? I agree that the combined arms approach to Tau is a good direction but I do love stompy robots... :wub:

I like big robots as well but I too would've prefered the Stormsurge to be either a huge tank or a proper battlesuit instead of something inbetween. ^^

I personally hope we get drones that can run battlesuite systems for a infantry squad. Expensive, but force boosting.

That would be awesome! Firewarrior with AP-1 or anti-air capabilities or intercepting fire or better overwatch sounds awesome and not exactly broken considering the enemy could just kill the drones.

Yeah, I feel the same about the Tau fliers. Especially since they remodeled some of them recently, didn't they? They just look sleek. The Plastic tau fliers with those wing stabilizers remind me of biplanes more than modern/futuristic fighter-bombers, which doesn't gel with the rest of the army. Also, missile hardpoints above the wings instead of below them seems like a bad idea to me, though I can let rule of cool slide here.

I really like these vox cast videos, it is nice to know what's going on behind the scenes. I hope this is something they will keep doing for a while. I think there's loads of things they could cover.

I honestly don't mind the T'au flyer in the Codex. However they FW ones really do look worlds better and they follow a completely different design philosphy creating some big disconnect.