Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vox Cast: The Repository Thread

VoxCast Dan Abnett

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,239 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

, "there wasn't room for a topknot"

0/10 Abaddon disapproves

• Black Blow Fly, Sandlemad, Noserenda and 2 others like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
Loved to hear Jes talk about the design process of the Knights.

Was very interesting to hear the thought process behind chaos version.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,422 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
What I learned is GW really really loves Knights in general. Oh well.
  • Hantheman likes this

Only a fool will claim a loyal and proven Primarch would ever turn ...

=][=

my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247

=][=

wc.jpg

=][=

Blood and Honor!https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,887 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

ITS ADB'S TURN!!!!

Edit: Can't seem to be able to get the embed video to work, if a mod can fix that would be great.

Edited by Slips, 22 July 2019 - 02:52 PM.
Fixed video link; have to use desktop versions not mobile for it to embed properly

• mithrilforge likes this

Formerly known as Cpt Ventris                                                               Legions/Chapters/Armies/Forces/Whatever:

30k: 10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra' - 18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions;

Geno One-Four-One Akkad 'Black Scorpions'; Dominion of Thedas 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; House Cousland; 901st Solar Auxiliary Cohort

40k: SM: Astral Claws 5th Company; Sol Wardens; Steel Wolves [Brotherhood of the Steel-Eyed-Wolf of the Ordu of Jaghatai]; Dorn's Sentinels

BA Successor: Crimson Saints

DA Successor: Void Angels

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 83rd Tyrant's Legion;

Knight House: House Cousland

Renegade Astartes: Void Knights

True-Scale: The Legion of Blackshields

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,060 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

A Podcast he didn't phone in for?! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,018 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept
Oh boy finally. I guess I know what I'll be doing this evening.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,887 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

Thanks for fixing it Slips, not really sure where I went wrong.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Formerly known as Cpt Ventris                                                               Legions/Chapters/Armies/Forces/Whatever:

30k: 10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra' - 18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions;

Geno One-Four-One Akkad 'Black Scorpions'; Dominion of Thedas 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; House Cousland; 901st Solar Auxiliary Cohort

40k: SM: Astral Claws 5th Company; Sol Wardens; Steel Wolves [Brotherhood of the Steel-Eyed-Wolf of the Ordu of Jaghatai]; Dorn's Sentinels

BA Successor: Crimson Saints

DA Successor: Void Angels

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 83rd Tyrant's Legion;

Knight House: House Cousland

Renegade Astartes: Void Knights

True-Scale: The Legion of Blackshields

alfred_the_great

alfred_the_great

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 207 posts
Oh my.

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,121 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
Had it playing while working. Super interesting. Really cool to see him nearly get emotional at a couple points like when recounting seeing Sevatar. I am always interested in the peaks behind the curtain of the lore/IP department. Very cool interview.

I will say that 'Spears' is my least favorite work of his so far. I find the Spears themselves plenty interesting but I never really connected with the narrator and just didn't dig the human perspective in this book as I have in others.

Edited by SickSix, 22 July 2019 - 06:06 PM.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,060 posts
Just finished it. Wished they’d have gone deeper into what the Imperium is like post rift. It feels like they both know tons of context and important information and don’t share any of it :(

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 488 posts
Along with the obvious dives into chaos marines and the Heresy stuff, my absolute favorite is this exchange:

WP: so how’d you get to writing for Black Library in the first place?

ADB: oh, I uh, nepotism.

WP: good, good. Always recommend that.

It’s so quick and dead panned I freaking love it lol. I genuinely laughed out loud. Wade is an amazing interviewer and source of knowledge and ADB is a fantastic listen.
  • Burni, Larkyn, SickSix and 1 other like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,239 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Awesome episode. Really pining for a Badab series from BL now.

• SickSix, m0nolith and Brokejaw Gutripper like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,894 posts

I think the thing that I enjoyed the most about the Voxcast was the fact that Wade pronounced ADB's name the correct way. It's a name that should be simple, but it's always so mispronounced (and having the name and having to correct people on it has gotten old) :lol:

Along with the obvious dives into chaos marines and the Heresy stuff, my absolute favorite is this exchange:

WP: so how’d you get to writing for Black Library in the first place?

ADB: oh, I uh, nepotism.

WP: good, good. Always recommend that.

It’s so quick and dead panned I freaking love it lol. I genuinely laughed out loud. Wade is an amazing interviewer and source of knowledge and ADB is a fantastic listen.

Agreed :lol:

• Noserenda and Brokejaw Gutripper like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,714 posts
  • Faction: None - I'm a fluff nerd.
Great podcast. Lord of great insight into certain things, i.e. the beginning of his career or his view in the new setting.

An entertaining one, as well. :D

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,001 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

Awesome episode. Really pining for a Badab series from BL now.

That would be beyond cool!

My wish is to finally find out what happened in that meeting between Huron and the other Chapter masters when they were having a parley.

Was the outside attack a set up by Huron or was it a genuine thing?

I really hope we get it one day!

Edited by m0nolith, 23 July 2019 - 06:27 AM.

• Marshal Loss likes this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,060 posts
I hope they eventually circle back to the idea that the Heresy is the space marines fault and we see pushback from the loyalists who are dying in droves to keep the thing together. You see Valdor and Dorn argue about it in Magesterium. Hopefully they will expand on it.

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,010 posts

For those who already listened to it, did he say anything about what he is writing now, what his next book release will be?

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,060 posts

Abaddon Part 3: The Abaddoning

Actually, I think he is writing the Emperor's Gift sequel. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 23 July 2019 - 10:53 AM.

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,010 posts

Well as far as we know he has written, or is still writing, Spear of the Emperor sequel, with maybe also having started his Siege of Terra Book and Black Legion 3, so maybe he sauid anything on that?

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,060 posts

In the interview he didn't mention anything except he was in Nottingham to discuss Abaddon with the Studio. 

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,018 posts

He said he's under 4 NDAs currently and the rest of the interview was mostly about him as author and as person and also a bunch of chit chat about his past books and characters. Considering he said that he never finishes a book for a deadline I doubt he's done with an Spear of the Emperor sequel lol

• SickSix likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,121 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
He is currently under 4 (FOUR) NDAs. So that tells us he is a busy man right now.

Damn beat me to it.

Edited by SickSix, 23 July 2019 - 12:03 PM.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,060 posts
Is anyone else devastated there is an ADB essay on Abaddon being passed around that we will never get to see? My ‘hobby’ is the lore more than anything else and deep dives, non-narrative analysis into the characters are what I want more than anything. Really makes me sad.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 23 July 2019 - 09:08 PM.

• alfred_the_great and SickSix like this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 720 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Is anyone else devastated there is an ADB essay on Abaddon being passed around that we will never get to see? My ‘hobby’ is the lore more than anything else and deep dives, non-narrative analysis into the characters are what I want more than anything. Really makes me sad.

Is this a tailored thing with just ADB commentary or is it more of a collation of Abaddon's story so far in all the lore? Since Abaddon will likely only be a trilogy, the omnibus could add it in a nice hard cover as an authors notes, I would pay $$$ for that. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,018 posts

I'd love to see all his notes about trade agreements between different worlds and whatnot. He puts so much work into stuff we will never see. :D

Disclaimer:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VoxCast, Dan Abnett

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users