Vox Cast: The Repository Thread

Slips

• 2 weeks later...

ITS ADB'S TURN!!!!

Edit: Can't seem to be able to get the embed video to work, if a mod can fix that would be great.

Edited by Slips
Fixed video link; have to use desktop versions not mobile for it to embed properly

Had it playing while working. Super interesting. Really cool to see him nearly get emotional at a couple points like when recounting seeing Sevatar. I am always interested in the peaks behind the curtain of the lore/IP department. Very cool interview.

I will say that 'Spears' is my least favorite work of his so far. I find the Spears themselves plenty interesting but I never really connected with the narrator and just didn't dig the human perspective in this book as I have in others.

Edited by SickSix

Along with the obvious dives into chaos marines and the Heresy stuff, my absolute favorite is this exchange:

WP: so how’d you get to writing for Black Library in the first place?

ADB: oh, I uh, nepotism.

WP: good, good. Always recommend that.

It’s so quick and dead panned I freaking love it lol. I genuinely laughed out loud. Wade is an amazing interviewer and source of knowledge and ADB is a fantastic listen.

I think the thing that I enjoyed the most about the Voxcast was the fact that Wade pronounced ADB's name the correct way. It's a name that should be simple, but it's always so mispronounced (and having the name and having to correct people on it has gotten old) :lol:

Along with the obvious dives into chaos marines and the Heresy stuff, my absolute favorite is this exchange:

WP: so how’d you get to writing for Black Library in the first place?

ADB: oh, I uh, nepotism.

WP: good, good. Always recommend that.

It’s so quick and dead panned I freaking love it lol. I genuinely laughed out loud. Wade is an amazing interviewer and source of knowledge and ADB is a fantastic listen.

Agreed :lol:

Great podcast. Lord of great insight into certain things, i.e. the beginning of his career or his view in the new setting.

An entertaining one, as well. :D

Awesome episode. Really pining for a Badab series from BL now.

That would be beyond cool!

My wish is to finally find out what happened in that meeting between Huron and the other Chapter masters when they were having a parley.

Was the outside attack a set up by Huron or was it a genuine thing?

I really hope we get it one day!

Edited by m0nolith

I hope they eventually circle back to the idea that the Heresy is the space marines fault and we see pushback from the loyalists who are dying in droves to keep the thing together. You see Valdor and Dorn argue about it in Magesterium. Hopefully they will expand on it.

He said he's under 4 NDAs currently and the rest of the interview was mostly about him as author and as person and also a bunch of chit chat about his past books and characters. Considering he said that he never finishes a book for a deadline I doubt he's done with an Spear of the Emperor sequel lol

Is anyone else devastated there is an ADB essay on Abaddon being passed around that we will never get to see? My ‘hobby’ is the lore more than anything else and deep dives, non-narrative analysis into the characters are what I want more than anything. Really makes me sad. Edited by Marshal Rohr

Is anyone else devastated there is an ADB essay on Abaddon being passed around that we will never get to see? My ‘hobby’ is the lore more than anything else and deep dives, non-narrative analysis into the characters are what I want more than anything. Really makes me sad.

Is this a tailored thing with just ADB commentary or is it more of a collation of Abaddon's story so far in all the lore? Since Abaddon will likely only be a trilogy, the omnibus could add it in a nice hard cover as an authors notes, I would pay $$$ for that. 

Is anyone else devastated there is an ADB essay on Abaddon being passed around that we will never get to see? My ‘hobby’ is the lore more than anything else and deep dives, non-narrative analysis into the characters are what I want more than anything. Really makes me sad.

I'd love to see all his notes about trade agreements between different worlds and whatnot. He puts so much work into stuff we will never see. :D