Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vox Cast: The Repository Thread

VoxCast Dan Abnett

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

Kenzaburo

Kenzaburo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 245 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't bashing on the guy. I completely understand that some will interviewees might struggle with the format. It's only natural. I was just saying that at times you can notice it. Overall, I'm impressed with how likeable a lot of the guys seem, sometimes surprised even. 

Now here's a polarising thought: I wish we could hear from Matt Ward on there - I know he's no longer with the company, so there. But he was so maligned on the internet, in a completely over the top way, that I have that gut feeling that an interview might have helped there. 

Considering the whole Ward drama, I'm somewhat surprised that so many of the designers are willing to put themselves front and center in these interviews. Ward got so much flak, got turned into a horrible kind of warhammer meme, I never felt comfortable with that. Especially after I had talked to some guys from the design studio and it turned out, that quite a lot of them were aware what fans were saying on forums and facebook. The corporate communications worked different back then, which allowed these fanboy myths to gain traction, that some of the designers were basically out to troll certain fanbases and whatnot. 

That's probably one of the biggest achievements of the overall marketing in recent years: Clearly showing how much heart there is in the design studio, how much love many of them have for the hobby overall. Sure, it's all with a bit of marketing sugarcoating. But still...

• Felix Antipodes likes this

Visit my painter profile on Instagram: https://www.instagra...gfused.painter/

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png gallery_48988_15465_5251.png gallery_48988_16045_16337.png

My Titanicus Plog

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 650 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Might
That's a great idea IMHO. In fact, I'd love to see them interview some of the others from times past as well like Andy Chambers, Rick Priestley, etc. I don't think it will mollify the Ward haters though. Too much time has past to weaken that concrete. lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VoxCast, Dan Abnett

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users