Vox Cast: The Repository Thread

Slips

That's a fair description I think. I don't strongly dislike them but I think the FW fliers are considerably better in comparison. I also think their Supremacy armour does the heavy Tau walker better than the Stormsurge. I assume the Supremacy armour is a lot larger than the Stormsurge but just from the design it looks more intimidating compared to the peculiar arm-less wonder.

Does anyone know when Voxcast 5 is due? I haven't been able to find a timetable for these podcasts so far.

I honestly don't mind the T'au flyer in the Codex. However they FW ones really do look worlds better and they follow a completely different design philosphy creating some big disconnect.

If there weren't forgeworld ones to compare it to, I probably wouldn't mind the codex ones.

The Biplane/wwI look is exactly why I dislike them so much.

Supremacy armor is class, Stormsurge is ass.

Edited by Trevak Dal

Well then. I ask about the podcast and you deliver a couple of hours later. Colour me impressed. Thanks! :biggrin.:

Just so you know, they post a new episode every other monday with the AoS podcast being on the monday the 40k one isnt posted.

Edited by Slips
NINJAD BY CASS >:-O

He says he love soem Howling Griffons right Robin .

He loves his IG. He talks about having worked with some of the giants like Alessio and Chambers but wow nothing he says is anywhere near epic. He just comes across to me as simply a figure head probably put their by someone else... Jervis who he has a weekly meeting with lol.

I have also noticed the trend where each whose interviewed spends the first half hour gushing about GW... that’s all good but it gets old fast.

Edited by Black Orange

I'm going to listen to this. Its the "why did they do this thing" not out of anger or frustration but genuine curiosity that drives me. I'll probably never buy a plastic Tau flier unless I just feel like massively converting it to not look like a crappy biplane/pihrana devilfish kitbash.

I'd ask him, "so. You saw forgeworld stuff huh. The Supremacy armor. The ah, tigershark and all. And you made the three :cusstiest looking Tau models in the plastic range. Walk me through your decision making processes here."

I unfortunately couldn't make it past about 35 minutes on this one and just shut it down. First one that I actually lost interest in, which was somewhat disappointing. It would have been nice if they'd actually discussed some real meat of how the game design process works, how play testing works, etc. I know that they like to make rules that capture the army flavor, etc., that doesn't need to be repeated six times, tell me how you decide if a rule captures the army flavor - do you make five rules of flavor, then test them and see which one plays best?

Seems like this one could have been done better and paced better.

Aaaaaaand back on-topic. We don't need to beat the dead horse any dead-er.

What disappointed me the most in the interview was Robin Cruddace saying that now all the Codecies are out, it's a level playing field when it quite clearly isn't. And as Bryan said, there was little talk about the nitty-gritty. Still, I enjoyed the questions asked by Wade; it was the answers provided by Robin which didn't satisfy me and my curiosity.

Aaaaaaand back on-topic. We don't need to beat the dead horse any dead-er.

What disappointed me the most in the interview was Robin Cruddace saying that now all the Codecies are out, it's a level playing field when it quite clearly isn't. And as Bryan said, there was little talk about the nitty-gritty. Still, I enjoyed the questions asked by Wade; it was the answers provided by Robin which didn't satisfy me and my curiosity.

Yeah, it was a really sad listen. The point where he said that he just happened to come up with the blips out of the blue and basically left them as such after a bit of brainstorming and tweaking is utterly disappointing. Here we are thinking there's deeper thought and general intent on coming up with more variety in mechanics, adding tactical depth and player agency through such misdirection capability (hey, I play Camo Ariadna in Infinity for a reason!) and all it turns out it's viewed as is a happy coincidence and a gimmick.

We need to vocally show GW that THIS is the kind of systems the game needs, a spice of variety.

I unfortunately couldn't make it past about 35 minutes on this one and just shut it down. First one that I actually lost interest in, which was somewhat disappointing. It would have been nice if they'd actually discussed some real meat of how the game design process works, how play testing works, etc. I know that they like to make rules that capture the army flavor, etc., that doesn't need to be repeated six times, tell me how you decide if a rule captures the army flavor - do you make five rules of flavor, then test them and see which one plays best?

Seems like this one could have been done better and paced better.

I agree Bryan. I feel like the last two have been lackluster, ep 4 had a lot of pauses between Wade and Matt and it felt like Wade had to keep kickstarting the convos and ep 5 wasn't really interesting. As you say they seemed to have skimmed the top without devling into the details.

If something isn't done then I can see people stop watching this and it eventually dying off, which is a shame since the fixes are so simple.

I was going to mention you can actually leave a comment. I politely told him he botch our codex badly .

Not anymore. Comments on the video are now disabled.

Aaaand just in case ... comments are disabled on all the Voxcast videos. If the comments were originally enabled it was likely a mistake that was later rectified, rather than GW closing comments in reaction to negative feedback/attacks on Mr Cruddace.

Edited by Toxichobbit

That sounds about right. The Warhammer TV painting videos have comments disabled as well. It seems to be a general policy on their videos. 

Can't say I blame them given the usual standard of comment on Youtube!

Yeah, it was a really sad listen. The point where he said that he just happened to come up with the blips out of the blue and basically left them as such after a bit of brainstorming and tweaking is utterly disappointing. 

Why? Are you telling me you've never had an "aha!" moment where a great idea presented itself from "out of the blue"? He pointed out that they had 7 or 8 initial ideas for how Cult Ambush could be re-worked, but none of them were interesting, enjoyable or different enough. They were looking for a solution to a problem and he happened to be inspired by Space Hulk. What's the problem with that?

Yeah it was most likely a mistake. A pretty unlucky mistake to happen on a video about a guy the community has such mixed opinions about but still.

Edited by sfPanzer