New Salamanders Army Project

wiqid

@space wolf

Thanks mate. Yea I am pretty amateur with sculpting green stuff etc. Have some clay shapers lying around just haven't really put them to use much at all. On my list of new things to  work on for sure though :yes:  

@BadgersinHills

Thanks !

@space wolf

Thanks mate. They were the first term squad I painted for the army. Little rusty on painting eyes and I always find termie eyes more tricky cause of the shape.

@Inqusitor lorr

Thanks for the compliment. Definitely have more room to improve looking at some of the other great painters here :biggrin.:

Finally got round to taking some more pics of the other squads, characters and vehicles I have managed to finally complete for this army. Feels good finally getting back to this project after much neglect and procrastination. Almost finished the army, although I still want to go back to some of these units and make use of the FW decals I have lying around.

CnC as always is more than appreciated. Thanks for looking !

gallery_95220_15072_48953.jpg

gallery_95220_15072_14650.jpg

gallery_95220_15072_437527.jpg

gallery_95220_15072_488250.jpg

gallery_95220_15072_698549.jpg

So after watching videos and reading guides on the arduous task of building the notorious forgeworld Fire Raptor, I finally completed the kit. Invested in a little handy hair dryer (so less tedious than boiling), and did my best to do the kit justice.

Dry fitting every piece of this kit was essential and probably the most valuable tip I took away from the guides I found. After multiple attempts at straightening out the fuselage and trying to make sure all the main plastic and resin components were snug as could be, I bravely glued it together. Only later to realise that the top fins that rest on the fuselage weren't aligned properly on one side. The only fix was to have the fins raised slightly and use plastic card trim and milliput to cover any gaps.

That aside, I think I managed to get away with this mistake and the kit came out alright in the end. Still debating whether to magnetize the hatch of the side turrets so they are removable. Thinking of getting magnetic sheets and going down that route because of the hatch being pretty thin and curved for normal drill magnets, but not sure if that would work well as I've never that method before.

Once I've figured that, I will have to decide which of these next three crowning units to paint. Primarch Vulkan, Kitbashed Mounted Warlord or Fire Raptor.

Anyone else get intimidated when painting the HQ/ High value kits? I can feel myself making excuses to tinker with the kits so I don't have to decide haha. Maybe I will just let the dice gods decide!

Any CnC or tips for magnetizing turrets would be welcomed. Thanks for looking :biggrin.:

gallery_95220_15072_412644.jpg

Edited by wiqid