Unit of the Week: Company Veterans

Jolemai

Sanguinary guard isn't actually a bad box, just don't paint them gold or use the masked heads. Maybe give them regular jump packs and us the winged ones for Captain Smash and other JP HQs.

It's not bad but the variability is pretty limited in what you have. Mixed with the DC box helps a bit but still isn't very super versatile. Especially that one broadsword with the double hands. That one is a nightmare to work with.

Depends on what you want to build them with. I tried to make  them with the old blood angels command squad kit, but then ended up replacing half the parts (i.e. torso's and jump packs) with the vanguard veterans.

For jump pack veterans the VV box with head and shoulder swaps. For shooty the tactical kit it fine, maybe add some parts from the DC kit. I decided to build mine without the crux terminatus.

9iqSkec.jpg

Although I did some head swaps since then.

I used intercessors for mine and various open arms, I have old examples of them toting stormbolters ( i forgot to scrape the chaos symbols off they have since been updated ) and power swords with various open arms and hands with jump pack.

43610003_10217741852205866_8366535475871

43756805_10217744343508147_4252943145542

These are old test models i went with and have since been updated, but yea, used intercessors / sanguinary guard heads / scarab occulut terminator bolters and any power sword i can get my hand on, including DC open arms or any other open arms i could get my hands on

I'm a big fan of the stormbolter/chainsword combo too. I've just been proxying my regular assault marines since, let's face it, it's the only way they'll see the table (they're already quite blinged up).

They're just a solid all-round cheap unit. They shred infantry and make good use of Red Thirst with their extra attacks. I've run 4 squads of 5 against Drukhari and Harlequins a couple times and they were brutally efficient.

Archived