Necron Magnetekh: What's worthwhile?

Man of Iron

Hello Phaerons,

My Tombworld's Awakening is upon me, and I'm looking for some advice.

I don't have a wide selection of models yet - only the ones from the Forgebane box - but as I make my list, what would many of you consider to be the most worthwhile models for using magnets to swap parts on and off? I haven't come across any threads on specific Necron magnet conversions so I wanted to send my noospheric request directly to the forum. 

Also, are there any particular size magnets recommended? I'd like to get some to be ready for the oncoming purchase and assembly of models.

I appreciate any assistance you may provide. 

​Thanks.

Don't have any recommendations on magnet size but from forgebane I'd recommend magnetizing the immortals between their two sets of guns, if you can. I think there are some tutorials on this elsewhere on the internet.

You also may be able to magnetize between weapon sets on Lychguard or Praetorians (but not Lychguard to praetorians or back), but that would be tricky, I think.

(Un)Fortunately, Necrons don't have a lot that requires magnetizing, as we have relatively few options compared to other armies. The units that might need magnets usually have large enough connection points to magnetize them, from what I recall (e.g. night scythe to doom scythe). A useful thing to magnetize might be tomb blades, if you ever get any, given they have 3 weapon options and the same hardpoint for all of them.

Hope this helps!

Triarch Stalker. The particle shredder is amazing against horde armies (I play Orks a lot so it sees the table often) but most of the time Heavy Gauss Cannons or Heat Ray will be more useful. It can be a pain to magnetize though so I'm buying extra mounts from bits sites and just magnetizing that, glue all the guns to a mount.

Also the Arks. I built one as a Ghost Ark, going forward I'm going to magnetize it (but I'll probably not magnetize all the ribs, that's insane. I'll just build it upside down for the DDA).

Archived