Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Competitive DG/Nurgle 1000 post CA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Zombs

Zombs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 132 posts
Hello, what do you think about this list? I wanted to try something a bit more competitive this time. Should I take out all the daemons for the new cheap dreddy?

DAEMON BATALLION +5

Poxbringer (70): Extra relic (Horn of Nurgle's rot)

Poxbringer (70)
3 nurglings (54)
3 nurglings (54)
30 PB with instrument (220)

DG PATROL +0

Daemon prince with arch-contaminator, suppurating plate and double talons (180)

12 poxwalkers (72)
PBC with spitters (140)
PBC with spitters (140)

TOT = 1000

Edited by Zombs, 11 December 2018 - 11:05 PM.

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Your post is unreadable on the white background of my phone :/

Zombs

Zombs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 132 posts
Is it better now?

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts
Yeah! I can see!
I like it
The PBc's are very tough to deal with at this point costs.
The DP is always a nice beatstick.
Not sure about the poxwalkers? Cultist might be a better filling unit in this case?

Whats the game plan here?
With next to no gun and some slow model its gonna be a shooting galery for a few turn. You kinda need the pbc to advance but doing so makes them unreliable.
Same with the plague bearers, you could get a scrivener to make them a bit faster?
I look like it would be good against any balanced army, or mission that force eeveryone in the midfield.

Zombs

Zombs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 132 posts
Yeah, I was thinking about the scrivener, but it got a Hood price increase in CA so I was skeptycal.
Since orks are so popular now, I thought I needed a big tough unit to soak the charge and that could also survive shooting from a gunline list.
Plan is to relentlessy advance and when the time is right just let the prince and pbc do their thing.

Should I just get rid Of the plaguebeares for more shooting? I don't like to be come a gunline tho, but maybe at this point rating is the only solution?

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts
I think you can denizen of the warp them to deepstrike turn 2 agains gunline army.
In the meanwhile, you hide the nurglings which leaves only the PBC's and poxwalkers as targets.
Poxwalkers are at best objective holders, and PBC can take a beating so you might be fine.

Its very dependent on what missions you play. If objective > kill, your list might well be able to hold them in place until the nurglings and poxwalker win the game by standing on the objective.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users