Best Necron box for bitz

Kierdale

I’m modelling my Snakebite Orks as if they’re at war with Necrons, so I need lots of bitz for trophies and looted stuff.

Hence I thought I’d ask in the Necron forum:

Which box(es) are going to provide me with the most bitz?

Initially I’m just looking for volume of bitz so I presume the basic Necron Warriors box but if anyone has suggestions for interesting lootable stuff too, that’s welcome :D

Lychguard/praetorian box should have some good stuff, too (heads, weapons, other trinkets, etc), so that plus a start collecting box should get you some pretty good starts. Then sell what you don’t use, we pay good money to use the rest of the bits in our kits, which usually requires payin for more limbs and torso parts. What you don’t use can definitely be resold. :tu

The Warrior kit, some greenstuff, and some card gives you some decent flayed one bite as well (do not under any circumstances touch the actual kit for FO’s. It’s awful and overpriced).

Oh, and the ghost ark kit has damaged warriors, which you will definitely want. (I realize now I’m throwing out an extra 80USD/50GBP about, but what can you do? The Necron battleforce Christmas box might be useful, but I’m not sure that’ll save you any money).

Anyway, good luck! And if you decide you don’t want to resell your basing material, we’ll gladly accept you as another Phaeron.

Praetorian / Lychguard is the best single box. Each model has 6 weapon options, two heads, two back plates, and different decorative bits. For an army that lacks individual personality, that's pretty big.

As a side note, Necron trophies aren't a good idea. In the middle of a fight you're going to find that some of those trophies have some... opinions on the outcome.

Given the Ork's latent psychic presence and the Necron's seeming vulnerability to psychic powers they may never reanimate because the Orks don't believe they will.

I'd go with a box of Lychguard/Praetorians unless you just want generic stuff to use, which I would get 2nd hand Warriors for.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Most appreciated! :)

As a side note, Necron trophies aren't a good idea. In the middle of a fight you're going to find that some of those trophies have some... opinions on the outcome.

Sounds perfect! :D I’m sure my Orks will be happy to have decorations they can brawl with. Toys they can break and rebreak!

I’ll probably start with a box of warriors to keep it cheap. Plus I have a mountain of models to make and a Start Collecting would be a....conspicuous addition.

Lynchguard would be next :tu:

Next question is which dynasty would contrast nicely with earth-tone clad Snakebites (and some Badmoons)...?

Thanks. Novokh looks good :tu:

The red will be a nice addition. I’m getting s boom dakka snazzwagon for Christmas and will replace the grot strapped to the front with a still-alive Necron. Perhaps the driver thinks the red will help the car go faster.

As for whether they phase-out or not I’ll try to model some to look as alive as possible. Still there will be body parts scattered here and there, being used as drumsticks and the like.

Archived