A friend of mine, who is known as Deviatecod online, have a neighbour and friend who is into Warhammer 40'000. Recently, this 40k collector and another mate of his got the idea to have his Ork Stompa turned into a Freebooter Pirate Stompa. Consequently, Deviatecod cooked up a lot of detail ideas for this concept and got in contact with me. The ideas were really fun, so I accepted the commission even if the fee stretched out on work hours was something like €1 per hour. Most of the Stompa head ideas are his, although I came up with the pipe, the ear ring, the headcloth and the feather (a stylized Imperial Aquila statue wing broken off for looted duty). The eyepatch of ammunition bands and a Terminator sole was a joint idea. This was fun, though the detail level is lacking (e.g. no rivets in sight) since it was a rushjob. The beard will have to be bowed into place by the client.

Yarr!

uAT2s3z.jpg

x534Rgr.jpg

It took me a couple of viewings to get it, cause of the myriad of things used to make it, but once I finally got it, I was blown away.

That is a sick conversion, and I know you said "rush job", but there is still so much detail packed into it. Please, ask your friend to let you post pictures once its painted, cause I want to see it.

Thanks a lot, folks! I'll sure ask him to take plenty of pictures once the Stompa is finished with a lick of paint. Am curious to see it as well. :smile.:

My friend Deviatecod, who acts as a middle man and planned most of the details as a surprise for the client, had some objections, so I changed things around a bit and added more details, including Ork glyphs and more beard cables. It should now be finished.

79DBcrB.jpg

1iMaAUR.jpg

Here is a scale shot with an ordinary Count Orkula:

RzTUuIE.jpg

Archived