post-CA List Building

Frostglaive

By now, the majority of us have a pretty good idea what our point drops will be on Saturday with CA. The leaks have floated around the noospheres long enough that we've probably already started building and updating our army lists based off of them.

So I'm curious to see what all has changed with your armies. Are you bringing more of one specific unit or less? Models that you haven't used before making their way into your army? What's changed for you?

Oddly enough for me, I've found myself bringing more teams of Rangers with arquebuses. A 92pt squad (with Omnispex) dropping to 64? I normally find myself bringing at most one team in my average 2,000pt list. Now, I probably won't be caught without at least 3. Something else I'm looking more into are the servitor squads. With their points drop and the Kataphron detachment from Vigilus, I'll more than likely have a squad or two of them thrown in next to my tech-priests. Cheap bodyguards/screen, and bodies to throw away for that stratagem to revive my Breachers/Destroyers.

For 1750

House Vulker

Lancer Warlord with Adamantine Knight and Ion Armour

Crusader with thermal cannon and Ion Bulwark

Crusader with rfbc with Endless Fury

2x Helverins

And then 2 carapace weapons for the crusaders to fine tune.

However, with the CA18 missions including the anti tabling rules, I think I might have to soup it to include something to take objectives :-(

Well since it seems that the point increase that was rumored for knights didn't happen I don't have to change up my list, though I might as well give the warglaive the meltagun I was a few points shy of taking to make him even more mobile as well as a different weapon pod on the crusader.

As for Admech I wasn't deep into it but was floating the idea of a forgeshrine guard. With the point drops I'm going to look into that 1K brigade idea with some fortifications and/or armigar support.

For 1750

House Vulker

Lancer Warlord with Adamantine Knight and Ion Armour

Crusader with thermal cannon and Ion Bulwark

Crusader with rfbc with Endless Fury

2x Helverins

And then 2 carapace weapons for the crusaders to fine tune.

However, with the CA18 missions including the anti tabling rules, I think I might have to soup it to include something to take objectives :-(

Yeah, they should at least come out with some rules to allow Knights to secure objectives now, since the new missions directly encourage soup.....disappointing for Knight-only armies.

I've usually been favouring my Radtroopers for the heavy lifting as my troops, but I'm leaning much more towards a wee battalion with 2×5×2 Ranger/Aquebus packs and a trio of Arc^2 Breachers.

No great disservice to my thirty Radtroopers, but shifting thirty of them on tiny bases is a hassle.

Thirteen on somewhat bigger - on average - bases strike me as much less hassle!

Add in my Robots and we're rolling.

Cheaper to field too?!

L0l teh l33t haxx0rz!!1!!!1!one!

Already bringing 2 ranger squuads with 2x arqebus - will likely bring at least one more now

6 man squad of either breachers is now deffo back in (rather than being a 'fill points when i need it' unit)

Add some servitors to take breachers as the vigilus detachment

Wil likely take a 3rd squad of infiltrators as staple.

Still running 3x onagers (2x neutron, 1x icarus), albeit now for less points

Any remaining points ill probably fill with more skitarii or hoplites.

I had a list written with terrax drills in, but will need to reassess points (and my bank balance) before I can go anywhere near that one.

Still running 3x onagers (2x neutron, 1x icarus), albeit now for less points

I'm putting together a list that I call a "tier 1" Mars list. Something that's not going to top an ITC event but will compete with the nastier lists and still be fun to play and simple to book keep, which is why I'm not mixing forgeworlds. 

I have some points left over, and perhaps some inefficiencies in the units themselves, looking for some feedback. 

Mars Tier 1 2k Double Battaltion

Battalion- Cybernetic Cohort

HQ- Cawl, Enginseer (Skull Relic)

Troops- 5 Rangers 2 TA, 6 Vanguard 2 Plasma, 6 Vanguard 2 Plasma

Elite- 10 man Infiltrator tasers

Heavy- 4 Kastelans, Neutronager, Neutronager

Transport- Termite, storm bolters (The vanguard ride in here)

Battalion- Servitor Maniple

HQ- Dominus, Enginseer

Troops- 6 Plasma Destroyers, 5 Rangers, 5 Rangers

Elite- 4 Servitors

This puts me at 1928 points.

-I'm not sure if the Cybernetica Cohort is really necessary, because I've been doing just fine with override in most cases anyway. Gonna try and it see. 

-I know I could take more TA's, but I have to build them.

-I could take a single dragoon, but I worry about that option because I know that they can give up first blood easily when its only one lancer. I would have to free up some other points to take another lancer. Or I could just take some breachers, I could take Hoplites, could take some more omnispexes, what else?

Thoughts Magi? 

Gotta say I'm loving these point changes... I was able to fit in one whole armiger in my current force thanks to the drop in points, and with some reworking I was able to put in an extra dominus instead of an enginseer just because I can! Here's what I can run after building my first armiger (once I get magnets)

--------

++ Super-Heavy aux Detachment +0CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [34 PL, 659pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Heirlooms of the Household: Heirlooms of the Household: 1 Extra Heirloom (-1CP)

Household Choice: House Krast, Questor Mechanicus

+ Lord of War +

Armiger Warglaives [9 PL, 162pts]

. Armiger Warglaive: Heavy Stubber

Knight Crusader [25 PL, 497pts]: Character (Knight Lance), Heavy Stubber, Heirloom (Krast): The Headsman's Mark, Stormspear Rocket Pod, Thermal Cannon

. Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer: Avenger Gatling Cannon, Heavy Flamer

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [91 PL, 1335pts] ++

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 90pts]: Macrostubber, Volkite Blaster

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 90pts]: Macrostubber, Volkite Blaster

+ Troops +

Kataphron Breachers [8 PL, 90pts]

. Kataphron Breacher: Arc Claw, Heavy Arc Rifle

Kataphron Destroyers [10 PL, 144pts]

. Kataphron Destroyer: Phosphor Blaster, Plasma Culverin

Skitarii Rangers [7 PL, 70pts]: Omnispex, 8x Skitarii Ranger

. Ranger Alpha: Galvanic Rifle

Skitarii Vanguards [7 PL, 87pts]: Omnispex, 9x Skitarii Vanguard

. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

Skitarii Vanguards [7 PL, 120pts]: Omnispex

. 6x Skitarii Vanguard

. 3x Skitarii Vanguard (Plasma Caliver): 3x Plasma Caliver

Skitarii Vanguards [7 PL, 87pts]: Omnispex, 9x Skitarii Vanguard

+ Elites +

Corpuscarii Electro-Priests [6 PL, 126pts]: 9x Corpuscarii Electro-Priest

Secutarii Peltasts [4 PL, 97pts]: 9x Secutarii Peltast

. Peltast Alpha: Galvanic Caster, Omnispex

+ Heavy Support +

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 117pts]

. Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber: Cognis Heavy Stubber, Neutron Laser

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 117pts]

. Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber: Cognis Heavy Stubber, Neutron Laser

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 100pts]: Eradication Beamer

++ Total: [125 PL, 1994pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I have an Agripinaa list that was 1999 points berfore CA, now it is just 1652 point :yes:

It was Mono Cult with 2x6 Destroyers; 1x6 Breachers; 3 Dakka Bots; 3 Fist Bots; Datasmith; Tech priest; Enginseer and a few Corpuscarii.

Now I can add a Skitarii Battalion for road blocking Vanguards and 5 extra CP to spend for the Servitor Maniple. Oh, and 20 points for barebone Servitors was no problem either :biggrin.:

Guess that will be my list for the next game!

I have an Agripinaa list that was 1999 points berfore CA, now it is just 1652 point :yes:

It was Mono Cult with 2x6 Destroyers; 1x6 Breachers; 3 Dakka Bots; 3 Fist Bots; Datasmith; Tech priest; Enginseer and a few Corpuscarii.

Now I can add a Skitarii Battalion for road blocking Vanguards and 5 extra CP to spend for the Servitor Maniple. Oh, and 20 points for barebone Servitors was no problem either :biggrin.:

Guess that will be my list for the next game!

So I had my last game for this year with this 2000 points list:

Agripinaa Battalion

1 TPD

1 TPE

6 Plasma Destroyer

6 Grav Destroyer

6 Arc Breacher

10 Corpuscarii

1 Datasmith

4 Servitors

Agripinaa Battalion

2 TPE

3x5 Ranger

10 Hoplites

I played against Tyranids, Kraken, everything pushing towrds my line. Broodlord, Tervigon, Old One, Swarmloard, Hormagants, Termagants, Genestealer, Carnis and so on. Not much shooting or psy / support. Just playing aggressive and get into my face.

Long story short:

He conceded after second battle round. He had about 600 points left on the table and 2 victory points while I had left about 1400 points and 7 victory points.

Plasma Destroyers with Elemination Volley and extra BS (hitting on 2+, reroll 1 because of TPD) killed the Swarmlord in one go, Grav killed the Tunnel Bug and tons of Genestealer, Dakkabots killed 28 Termagants and Broodlord etc. etc.

I think it was a really bad missmatch for my opponent, he had nothing thin out my heavy fire power and I was able to kill the heavy stuff as well as the hordes as I wished, 3 to 4 units / monsters per turn have been no problem. At the same time I felt relatively safe behind my Skitarii screen. A 2000 points list with more shooting would have killed some Servitors for sure which would have changed the outcome.

But even then, thanks to the 12 CP, 5++ on the Destroyers, Biosplicing and Fresh Converts I feel like the army can take some punishment and still punch back hard.

I think I'm going to test something like this 2k list;

Krast detachment:
Knight Gallant
Knight Gallant
Armiger Helverin

Mars batallion:
Cawl
TPE

5 Rangers
5 Rangers
5 Rangers

4 Kastelan robots - dakka

4 Ironstrider Balistarii - autocannons

12 Secutarii Hoplites

Two gallants, a Cawlbot group, and the balistarii squad - which I really like after the point reductions. The latter is going to be deployed as a mobile bubble wrap for the robots, as they can overwatch on 2+ with the right stratagem use, and even use Wrath of Mars in a pinch, or run off to contest objectives.

Archived