Vigilus Fluff/Lore Summary

Lord Marshal

Just finished reading the book. I enjoyed it overall. The background is definitely written in the style of a codex, the same tone and straight forward plot points and language.

The Eldar stuff was just crammed in there but the GSC make a good account of themselves. The AdMech are suitably greedy and secretive. I expected more chaos to lead into the next one but it’s prety much a Marvel style end credits sequence.

Finally, for a 200 page GW book, it has a surprising lack of miniature images! Great artwork though and I enjoyed the maps especially.

To piggy back on this idea.

Is there any idea what the Indomitus Crusade campaign badge looks like?

We have a Vigilus badge, but nothing for the crusade?

I couldn't remember seeing one, so I asked them directly on their FB page. Their answer (to paraphrase) was there is one but it's never been shown, so if I was that keen I should/could 'design my own'.

Thanks Brother Antipodes. I'm a stickler for accuracy, that have avoided head canon making one. As it involved the resurrection of Gilliman I had presumed they would have created one. A 100 year Pan-Galactic campaign launched after the galaxy being sheared in half by the worst warp storms since old night, seems important.

• 2 weeks later...

They mention the Vigilus Guard a lot in the book, I really like the name. Would be good to see them become a new key regiment or something. They are described as being very pious and closely support to Sisters of Battle.

So a combined team of them rescuing the Ultramarines would really make Roboute’s day, what with him loving the church of the Emperor and all

Disclaimer first, this is from memory so I can't remember the exact way it was phrased but, while reading last night I noticed under the Chaos section it talks about the Vox-Signals they're blasting out all over the planet, it specifically mentions three characters...

The Daemonblade. (I assume Abbadon)

The Herald of The Apocalypse. (Haarken Worldclaimer)

And then the last one is "The Knight of The Abyss".

I wonder who or what this could be, as I don't think I've seen GW tease anything like it or it mentioned elsewhere. And the sorcerer type model they teased with the skull face doesn't seem very "Knight" like to me...

It's Draigo. After all he was turned by Slanesh :tongue.:

It's all propaganda biscuitzz :wink:

BT also have 6000 marines :wink:

Divided into 60 companies of 100 strong led by captains, all led by Chapter Master Helbrecht. If the GW writers had there way. :teehee:

I'm pretty impressed with the lore, although I just got into the Phase II of the War of Beasts story and there is a serious lack of Black Templar involvement so far. Besides that, its one of the better GW studio lore books I've read. Shield of Baal had me really disappointed since the Imperial Navy thought it was a good idea to fight an air war in gas giant with nothing but Valkyries against Tyranids (why???).

That aside, I'm pretty curious to see what book 2 brings. I'll probably buy it too if there is as much content as this one has.

Now that I remember, Obsidius Mallex's (from Blackstone Fortress) warband is called the Servants of the Abyss. Could this Knight be related to them?

Maybe after having found a way to activate the Blackstone or at least raided it for some nice tech.

Archived