Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Danny Cyanide does Imperial Knights

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Thanks man, I appreciate that! I'm really happy with how they are coming along!
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
Made a fair bit of progress today, finishing up the Castigator and my Armiger Halverin.

Castigator:

sYCPnAM.jpg

s7RwGuO.jpg

1Mnb0fC.jpg

Armiger Helverin:

6XHsn7C.jpg

xjQfI94.jpg

9Iupg7u.jpg

And a group shot of the 3 finished Knights:

gyST7jB.jpg

I'm going to try and finish up the Crusader and second Armiger Warglaive tomorrow!
  • Vel'Cona, librisrouge, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,827 posts

I like that pose on the Castigator, it look like it's just picked up a new target on Auspex. Something's about to get three hundred bolt rounds to the face. :D

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent works.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
Didn't quite get done everything I wanted to today, the second Warglaive didn't get looked at at all, but I did get the Crusader finished up.

N2z2UKH.jpg

I tried my first attempt at heat staining on the Gattling Cannon:

GDN2pzD.jpg

And here is the growing Household:

hnaQQ4E.jpg
  • Vel'Cona, Bjorn Firewalker, Subtle Discord and 4 others like this
sDn55VZ.png

hermanista

hermanista

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 829 posts
Awesome man.

Are you going with any decals or iconography to make them pop?

Thousand Eyes

Thousand Eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

They are coming along really well, bravo. You are knocking them out at some speed.

My B&C WIP Thread is this one (but more pictures generally end up on the blog).

banner_bc.jpg  

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,735 posts

Very nice. The heat stains on the gattling look fitting, will you do some for the thermal cannon too? Right now, it looks a bit too clean and un-heated to be a giant armour-melting heat cannon.

With the differently-coloured marble, it gives some good variation to the model. Doesn't look that flat, so it doesn't need much iconography to be honest.

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.png

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 768 posts

Amazing job dude !

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
Thanks guys! I do plan on adding the heat effect to the Thermal Canon, but I've run out of Agrax Earthshade to wash the gold, and I'd like to do that first.

I do plan on adding the amazing Coat of Arms done up for me by Iron Hands Fanatic, but since I'm working away from home for the next month or so, it'll be a while. Here is the colored Crest:

t5espJX.png

Edited by Danny Cyanide, 15 February 2019 - 06:01 PM.

• frosteldar and Vel'Cona like this
sDn55VZ.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
Great job.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
I just realised after I took tonight's photos that I still have to add the 2 Shieldbreaker missiles, but I'm still going to post my update.

I finished up my Knight Castellan today, minus the 2 Shieldbreakers, so I'll have to paint those tomorrow while I finish up the second Armiger Warglaive.

JGf1BSq.jpg

h6hrFgM.jpg

W9u85F8.jpg

And here is the family photo:

UfSeG6u.jpg

Almost done my first 2000 point Knights list! Tomorrow I'll finish up the final Armiger, and then I'll start working on their basing! Thanks for all the comments guys, they have helped push me along!
  • frosteldar, Vel'Cona, librisrouge and 3 others like this
sDn55VZ.png

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,827 posts

That's a great looking army there. My favourite is still the Castigator. I like the pose and I like the bands of green armour. The extra detail you've put into the derelict factory basing will look great when you finish the bases.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
Thanks Flame Boy! That Castigator is my favorite as well! I'm planning on rocking him as Warlord with Blessed by the Sacristans on his Bolt Cannon, and then running the Crusader with endless Furry.
sDn55VZ.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
You have a beautiful family of Knights.

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
Thanks Bjorn! Got the group of 6, 2000 point list finished painting this morning. Castellan now had his Shieldbreakers and the 3rd Armiger is done.

I'm going to start working on their bases this afternoon!

lToWWdv.jpg
  • Magos Takatus and Vel'Cona like this
sDn55VZ.png

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 768 posts

How quick can you paint??? Man, it would take me months to get 6 Knights painted up in 10% of that quality...

• Lord Raven 19 likes this

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
I'm really lucky in that I can print while I'm at work, so I get a lot of time in my days that I can spend painting. I've probably put about 50-60 hours into these guys so far.

Edited by Danny Cyanide, 17 February 2019 - 01:19 AM.

sDn55VZ.png

walter h

walter h

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 527 posts
Interesting
  • Danny Cyanide likes this

gallery_30308_9518_48142.png

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
12 days, 6 Knights and 2000 points completed! I finished up their bases this evening and thought I'd post up my final update for a while. I have 5 more Knights built, but I think I'm going to go paint some Deathwatch for a bit! I'll be back to these guys once I've burnt out on black Power Armor!

QJLQSJy.jpg

BSjllBq.jpg

4WZ0rql.jpg

MzfN2Kt.jpg

TDFYxrF.jpg

mz7mRBA.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide, 17 February 2019 - 05:30 AM.

• Focslain, Vel'Cona, Bjorn Firewalker and 4 others like this
sDn55VZ.png

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 768 posts
There could be a little more colour on the bases. At least on the pics it looks like a little dry brush to highlight edges of the ground could be worth it.

Edited by DeStinyFiSh, 17 February 2019 - 08:03 AM.

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
Agreed, and they will get a drybrush, but I'm going to give the bases a good week to really cure. It's thick spackle and it's slow drying!

Edited by Danny Cyanide, 17 February 2019 - 01:39 PM.

sDn55VZ.png

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts

jawdrop.gif jawdrop.gif jawdrop.gif

• Danny Cyanide likes this

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Baron of Krastellan; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon.

Victorus aut Mortis

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,100 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

jawdrop.gif jawdrop.gif jawdrop.gif

Agreed.

• Danny Cyanide and Lord Raven 19 like this

A challenge is a challenge till it is beaten, then it is a victory.
The greater the challenge the greater the victory, so I challenge the impossible.

gallery_30308_9518_15054.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_778_14699_866.gifgallery_778_14699_887.gifgallery_778_14699_3712.gifgallery_778_14699_1861.jpggallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_11572_5587.pnggallery_30308_9518_8251.pnggallery_48988_15094_10278.pnggallery_48988_15094_19806.pnggallery_48988_15094_13560.png

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,843 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines

All my likes! :D

I can't really begin to explain why I like this project in detail, so I'll just summarize with thumbsup.gif

Seems like these models will never end!

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users