Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2,500 list - take 2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 363 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Here is a list for an upcoming 2,500 point tournament, there are special rules each round focusing more on holding objectives then killing stuff. I tried putting units in that could/would hold objectives and units that would draw fire away from my objective holders.  I am planning on going second most rounds (as that seems the norm for me) and most players concentrate fire on my knight first.  I think if I start the possessed in the rhino as close to the enemy as possible then I could disembark and move first turn.  That would get me out 10" and then warptime them for another 7", bringing me close to a 7" charge.  Then move my CC marines into the rhino and move them up the board towards mid-field objectives.  This would leave my poxwalkers and 20 PM blob to hold closer objectives.  I have noticed as long as I have a unit in reserve, most people hold off when it comes to moving stuff forward.  So keeping my Blightlords off til turn 3 to grab an objective and board control seems like a good idea.

I know this is an unorthodox list for tournaments, as I do not have a lot of heavy hitters.  My first question is, does anyone think taking a Tallyman over Blightspawn would do this list better?  My next question would be is Morty a better option then the Knight?  I would have to swap out something for some Deathshroud, but with their lower price it might be a better option.

Total # Unit/Equipment
5 CP Battalion Detachment
HQ 110
1 Malignant Plaguecaster
1 Corrupted staff
1 Bolt pistol
Blight/Krak grenades

HQ 180
1 Daemon Prince of Nurgle w/Wings (Suppurating Plate)
1 Malefic talons pair

Troop 173
8 Plague Marines w/Champion
Blight/Krak grenades
7 Plague knife
5 Bubotic axe
2 Flail of Corruption

Troop 351
20 Plague Marines w/Champion
Blight/Krak grenades
20 Plague knife
1 Plasma gun
17 Boltgun
2 Blight launcher

Troop 120
20 Poxwalkers
20 Improvised weapon

Transport 74
1 Chaos rhino
2 Combi-bolter

1 CP Vanguard Detachment
HQ 110
1 Malignant Plaguecaster
1 Corrupted staff
1 Bolt pistol
Blight/Krak grenades

Elite 77
1 Foul Blightspawn (Warlord - Arch Contaminator)
1 Plague sprayer
Blight/Krak grenades

Elite 60
1 Biologus Putrifier
1 Injector pistol
1 Plague knife
Hyper blight grenades
Krak grenades

Elite 442
10 Blightlord Terminators w/Champion
8 Combi-bolter
1 Balesword