Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Animated 40k series coming 2019

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 876 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

An animated 40k series called "Angels of Death" is coming:

https://www.warhamme...3iMkz1W8Olm9r9A

Here's hoping its more like the 90s Starship troopers show than the Ultramarines movie. Who knows maybe this is the first step towards a proper 40k TV series. It says BL writers are involved. I hope Guy Hayley is one- his Dante books are fantastic. I wonder if ADB is as Helsreach is name checked. He's probably NDA'd to the gills if he is but it would be cool.

Edited by grailkeeper, 17 December 2018 - 04:36 PM.

• templargdt, Calgar 2.0 and Kelborn like this

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,032 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

This says "from the makers of Helsreach", do they mean Richard Boylan? :o 

• Kelborn likes this

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,825 posts

Awesome!! Can't wait for more info on this.

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,092 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

oh my.........

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,292 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
This is freaking amazing... they saw talent among the fan community and picked it up to elevate it! Wow... good work, GW
  • Subtleknife likes this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,106 posts

I really hope this means that the space marine series can get some funding from GW as well as the horus heresey series

the space amrine series

https://www.youtube....h?v=mfGPMJ8A0QY

and the horus heresy series

https://www.youtube....h?v=FhULhHCk_D8

• Apothecary Vaddon and Chaplain Grey Raven like this
banana

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Awesome! Gives me great hope for other future fan projects.

Philip S

Philip S

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 713 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines - Dark Angels

Looks like fun.

@ Triszin - thanks for the links.

Philip

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,848 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

My first thought was 'please don't be anime' and I am so happy its not.

• Felix Antipodes, Azekai, Toxichobbit and 1 other like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 898 posts
Wow.

How many amazing fan-created content has WHC snatched-up since it was created? There's been TSOALR and the other comics, the army builders, and now this?

Man, GW's customer outreach is getting better and better!

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,351 posts

Congrats to the Helreach film team and all 40k fans really.  This is very interesting.  Many here already know this as we previously discussed it, that GW said it would explore something exactly like this in its most recent annual report (just this past summer), and there already seems to be follow-through:

gallery_57329_13636_39231.jpg

I also agree this animation series also serves as a proof-of-concept for a bigger, perhaps live action, TV series or film.  It's like proving to studio execs a 40k show is a valid idea.  I hope it's a success so we can prove this.  When it lands, and it's actually good, please spread the word, Brothers.

Edited by N1SB, 17 December 2018 - 04:48 PM.

• RolandTHTG, Domhnall, Knockagh and 1 other like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Weirdly enough the thought of an anime 40k got me a little bit excited. It could be great if done right lol

• Gederas, Son of Carnelian, ThatOneMarshal and 2 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,137 posts

Please give the guy doing Death of Hope some funding GW!

• Doghouse, Quixus and point_Zer0 like this

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,354 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels
Colour me intrigued!

Edited by m0nolith, 17 December 2018 - 04:52 PM.

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,125 posts

If it's Helsreach with a budget this will be really good. This is great news for all the fan film makers.

Just four words from me to GW

Please...make it epic! 

40k needs a sense of scale and grandeur, this was the main failing of Ultramarines, so don't go skimping on the body count!

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,384 posts

I love that we're getting this but i think my favorite thing by far is the idea that rather than quashing Richard and the team they are bringing them into the fold. So much love for this.

(I don't know the full details but thats how this piece makes it seem)

• Felix Antipodes, Iron Father Ferrum, Bulwyf and 3 others like this

Yodhrin

Yodhrin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 728 posts

I was kinda hoping it would be a modern retelling of the old Bloodquest series, but this has a sodding Imperator in it so I'm sold regardless. Also, it's always great to see the IMO best Dreadnought implausibly stomping about - got the same feeling from this as I did back when I first saw the original Dawn of War intro cinematic, can't wait.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,941 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
I've merged two threads about the same topic into this one.

Congrats to the Helsreach team on getting recognition and getting the chance to work on something new with GW!
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,079 posts

Geedub have been suggesting they forge a path into television/film for some time now, and this has been echoed in the last few annual statements. I imagine this will be a proof of concept before they take the thought of licensing out Warhammer 40,000/Age of Sigmar further, like partnering with Amazon or Netflix.

mkbKIlr.png

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,822 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Yes!

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I kinda hope it'll be Devastation of Baal but  it's probably going to be something new so that's fine too. :D

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

Weirdly enough the thought of an anime 40k got me a little bit excited. It could be great if done right lol

Yeah. And I hate to be pedantic and be that guy, but this is still anime. Anime is LITERALLY short for "animation". Or do you mean standard moeblob anime Rohr? Because if you think all anime is like that, I'd like to point at Hellsing: Ultimate, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Karas, Vampire Hunter D, Overlord, Fist of the North Star, the Castlevania Netflix series (however the last one wasn't done by Japanese producers, but it was in the same style as the first mentioned one).... really ANY anime that isn't the standard yearly super-cutesy stuff. Because whenever someone says "anime sucks" it really means "I have no idea what I'm talking about because I only know the bare minimum". whistling.gif

However, colour me intrigued. Just that short teaser looked amazing.

Edited by Gederas, 17 December 2018 - 05:27 PM.

• Viridia, Reclusiarch Krieg, Evil Eye and 1 other like this

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,240 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Yeah. And I hate to be pedantic and be that guy, but this is still anime. Anime is LITERALLY short for "animation". Or do you mean standard moeblob anime Rohr? Because if you think all anime is like that, I'd like to point at Hellsing: Ultimate, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star, the Castlevania Netflix series (however the last one wasn't done by Japanese producers, but it was in the same style as the first mentioned one).... really ANY anime that isn't the standard yearly super-cutesy stuff. Because whenever someone says "anime sucks" it really means "I have no idea what I'm talking about because I only know the bare minimum". whistling.gif

However, colour me intrigued. Just that short teaser looked amazing.

Precisely this, there's a surprising amount of anime that is on par with 40K for grimdark/grittiness.

Anyway, this looks awesome. I have hope. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, but with any luck we don't need roads where we're going...

• Gederas likes this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,941 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Let's not start a digression on animation styles, yeah?

=][=

Edited by Brother Casman, 17 December 2018 - 05:27 PM.

• Dosjetka, Son of Carnelian, Evil Eye and 1 other like this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Demigod

Demigod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

Richard did an amazing job with very little for Hellsreach ( although to be honest I prefered the initial style to to the later one ) and I think he deserves to be the first to take an official try at an warhammer animated series.

In any case I hope the guys that made Astrates are included because from all the fan animation I have seen , theirs is the only one that looks clean and smooth from beginning to end.

• Azaiel, Apothecary Vaddon, Canadian_F_H and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users