Any glory on Vigillus for Wolves? (Requesting spoilers)

Kasper_Hawser

....  or alternatively moments of derp? Or moments of awesome? Or glorious last stands? Let's put aside the Stalker Pack discussion for the moment, at least the crunch aspects of it. 

I dearly hope the derp factor is kept to a bare minimum. I heard that one of the Wolf Lords or Battle leaders apart from Icepelt from Tooth and Claw is named after the dearly departed Brand. They can't possibly insert his name and character there and turn out to be derp, can they?

On the other hand, they might kill him off in a last stand/sacrifice kind of way, which kinda works and I wouldn't mind.

In addition, I guess I also want to know, from fluff point of view, is the overall story engaging? I heard it ends in a cliffhanger but that's kinda expected. Smurf wasting time aside, I hope its not too derpy to spend my christmas money on it.

Sadly very little is said of the Wolves on Vigilus. We get 1 page of Haldor’s actions then a mention or 2 in the rest of the book. Brand is mentioned only in a chart of Imperial forces as leader of a strike force. Given that Fenris is one of the closest marine planets to Vigilus it is disappointing that we feature so little. On the bright side it means no derp for the Wolves.

Sadly very little is said of the Wolves on Vigilus. We get 1 page of Haldor’s actions then a mention or 2 in the rest of the book. Brand is mentioned only in a chart of Imperial forces as leader of a strike force. Given that Fenris is one of the closest marine planets to Vigilus it is disappointing that we feature so little. On the bright side it means no derp for the Wolves.

Ah well, kinda expected this. i'll be a long time before Wolves become centre stage again. And on the bright side, as you say, no derp.

Ah well, kinda expected this. i'll be a long time before Wolves become centre stage again. And on the bright side, as you say, no derp.

It should have been expected as soon as Calgar entered the scene as a Primaris any glory for any other chapter other than UM's would have been stolen away. I feel worst for our IH cousins, they seemed to be center stage for a moment in some art before it being taken away.

Edit: spelling

It should have been expected as soon as Calgar entered the scene as a Primaris any glory for any other chapter other than UM's would have been stolen away. I feel worst for our IH cousins, they seemed to be center stage for a moment in some art before it being taken away.

True but he couldn't have stolen ALL of the limelight.... did he? Or was all the pages of Vigilus Defiant just Ultramarine focused? Doesn't make sense, Calgar has to die at some point....

Remember, it's Book one. A lot of factions haven't been given much by way of new fluff. That said, I found it awesome that Brand was seen in it ^_^

Yes it's book one and according to this countdown Chaos is coming back in some form in less than 80 days, Vigilus part two perhaps? I dunno.

However we did feature in the Tooth and Claw box which gave us some fluff about Haldor Icepelt and some Primaris Space Wolves but it admittedly wasn't a lot.

True but he couldn't have stolen ALL of the limelight.... did he? Or was all the pages of Vigilus Defiant just Ultramarine focused? Doesn't make sense, Calgar has to die at some point....

It read like most UM centric things. "Oh hey this chapter did something, now back to the UMs. Oh yeah this other chapter did a thing, but I mean it was really the UM calling the shots. Oh and some human did something, but they :cuss ed it up and the UM knew better

fluff wise, there wasn't much

Wolves show up send a message that the blackmanes are coming, go to fight genestealer cultists. They try to defend the planets water supply, and at one point they use some bombs that were meant to be traps to stop contaminated water from spreading. Its about 2-3 pages of background

Nothing new then, I think this was in Tooth and Claw as well. i would have liked to see SOME success from Icepelt.

It read like most UM centric things. "Oh hey this chapter did something, now back to the UMs. Oh yeah this other chapter did a thing, but I mean it was really the UM calling the shots. Oh and some human did something, but they :censored: ed it up and the UM knew better

pretty much this. Sadly this is yet another example of GW's golden boys getting almost all the attention. The second part is going to be about Chaos's golden boys in Black Legion getting almost all the attention.

Wolves show up send a message that the blackmanes are coming, go to fight genestealer cultists. They try to defend the planets water supply, and at one point they use some bombs that were meant to be traps to stop contaminated water from spreading. Its about 2-3 pages of background

Blackmanes are coming as in the two strike forces mentioned? Or is the whole Great Company on its way, perhaps with later books?

Just checking, Matt Ward still in GW? I heard he snucked back in 2016, even giving PETA a subtle middle finger with a commissar message that was surprisingly witty and snide them.

Without insulting Ultramarine players and fans, looks like a severe case of smurf focus again.

Matt Ward is at Games Workshop in 2016, according to his page as a "Games Designer". People saying he isn't dealing with lore, but I mean honestly you could still affect how another team does something. I honestly doubt other team members can't talk to the lore team.

How much he affects it, I don't know. It could be alot it could be that they don't pay him any heed. I don't hate UMs I just want to see other chapter get their "glory planet". I just thought Vigilus could be that planet for the IHs. I mean open firing on citizens just in case of GSC is something I could see an IH calling the shots on. A planet where hive cities are purpose built for one function just seems like a IH dream, cities like cogs in a machine.

Ah well, maybe our IH cousins will get their due in the next decade.

Matt Ward is at Games Workshop in 2016, according to his page as a "Games Designer". People saying he isn't dealing with lore, but I mean honestly you could still affect how another team does something. I honestly doubt other team members can't talk to the lore team.

How much he affects it, I don't know. It could be alot it could be that they don't pay him any heed. I don't hate UMs I just want to see other chapter get their "glory planet". I just thought Vigilus could be that planet for the IHs. I mean open firing on citizens just in case of GSC is something I could see an IH calling the shots on. A planet where hive cities are purpose built for one function just seems like a IH dream, cities like cogs in a machine.

Ah well, maybe our IH cousins will get their due in the next decade.

LOL, somebody whisper to me "Iron Hands" the next time I start whining about Space Wolves not getting any screen time, and I'll gladly shut up.

Probably not just Matt Ward, even without him, the Ultramarines are still the poster boys. And realistically speaking, the UM would be the first and most willing to undergo the Primaris rubicon since their own Primach commissioned the Primaris in the first place. I guess we'll have to wait for the next campaign for another chapter to get the glory. At this point, I wouldn't mind other chapters as long as it isn't the Ultras again. Maybe Chapter Master Dante on the other side of the Rift facing Kabandha again.

Or our long awaited primarch Russ coming back to save the pansy cross dressing knights of Caliban from their apparently legion number fallen. Smirking all the while as he readjust the alarm clock next to Johnson's bed so he doesn't wake up.. :P

Blackmanes are coming as in the two strike forces mentioned? Or is the whole Great Company on its way, perhaps with later books?

It really vague, I took it to mean that the whole company is on the way. 

It read like most UM centric things. "Oh hey this chapter did something, now back to the UMs. Oh yeah this other chapter did a thing, but I mean it was really the UM calling the shots. Oh and some human did something, but they :cuss ed it up and the UM knew better
Glad I didn't buy it. Thanks for the review ;)

My boys only had a feature on the forces of war with a "company" deployed.

3 words and one of them wrong lol typical

Well hopefully we'll see Primaris Ragnar in 80 days, then!

But in an amazing feat of courage and honour it's Primaris Sicarius!!! He covers the rift with his Ego and easily reaches Vigilus!!!

Glad I didn't buy it. Thanks for the review ;)

My boys only had a feature on the forces of war with a "company" deployed.

3 words and one of them wrong lol typical

I feel as though GW needs to hire some outside reviewers or something, because there have been excellent ideas on how to improve their narrative from the community. UM can be the poster boys and not be doing everything. You can give credit to other chapters and make them center stage, in fact doing so would probably help making UM more popular.

But in an amazing feat of courage and honour it's Primaris Sicarius!!! He covers the rift with his Ego and easily reaches Vigilus!!!

I think next book gonna be all about one of 2 things. Angron or Abbadon.

I think the BL dude is a red hearring, and due to all those faction spilling blood at Vigilus, Angron will be summoned there.

After all is about time we get another Daemon primarch.

yeah but they might do a character for each side like they did for this first wave.

@ Sete - ".......ABOUT TIME WE GET ANOTHER DAEMON PRIMARCH?1?!?!?!?!?"

Sorry bout the caps, but aren't we already a bit full on daemon primarchs? Poor Guilliman has to deal with them alone, and we're not just talking about the model available primarchs like Magnus and Mortarion, the other primarchs like Perturabo and Fulgrim are on the loose as well if I read the fluff correctly, just have not entered the tabletop yet.

Meanwhile Lion is still having his beauty sleep and Russ is still hanging out with Fyodor in Commoragh, possibly where Jagatai is currently addicted to racing with dark eldar reavvers....

... oh GW, please give us a loyal primarch soon. Anyone but Sanguinus and Ferrus. (and maybe Dorn, if you believe the whole "hand" left behind thing)

My dude, the narrative will keep rolling around Guilliman for a a couple more years I'm sure.

I dont expect another loyal Primarch till 2020.

Ultramarines are being pushed front and center, like if everything wasn't about ultras they would be a lot cooler it's true.

I would love a dornaught, the lion and old Odin Russ.

I have been saying for these 2 last year's, this gw team is all about Guilliman and ultras.

Plague wars, now Vigilus.

Hopefully Guilliman won't be involved with Angron (no Ultramarines will) some other chapter will suffer horrific losses trying to defeat him, not the golden boys.

Maybe Fulgrim will kick his ass again and then another loyal Primarch will return.

But I don't expect any before khorne and Slanesh Daemon primarchs.

I'm not expecting Abbadon in 80 days (even less now) because Calgar losing to Abbadon? Nah I just can't see it. LL eat my Christmas hat if it happens. Mark my words.

Archived