Working on custom legion rules, seek advice

General Strike

I am currently working on some custom legion rules for my 2nd legion. I'm really early in fleshing them out, but I want them to be themed around warp walkers, they travel through warp and teleportation. Would it be crazy over powered to give CSM access to something similiar to cult ambush? What restrictions should I use?

Maybe something like:

Legion Rule: Models with this special rule can declare a Abysswalk once per turn, until the controlling players next movement phase, the unit ignores wounds on a 6+, and when they charge or advance they roll 2d6. During the turn this ability is activated, this unit must roll 2d6, on a 2 a model takes a mortal wound.

What's the mechanism for the teleportation? Within the Imperium, teleportation is a risky prospect and generally requires some mechanism. The Grey Knights are an example of both how it might be done, but also the risks (the Grey Knights are only able to do this because their minds are inured to the horrors of the Warp - the medium through which teleportation takes place).

Would you allow the whole Legion to have this ability? Or would you limit it to a special unit?

The general practice with the Age of Darkness has been for Legion Tactics to focus on excellence and specialization, not necessarily esoteric abilities. Most of the Legions have a special bit or three of experimental or advanced technology that enhances their specialization or character, but few (if any) have truly special technology that others can't utilize. Those that do have things are generally secret or unique experiments (re: the Thousand Sons and their special robots).

In essence, how are you making this concept work within the lore? (If you're not concerned with that, feel free to ignore me. :cool.: )

If it just for fun, why not have them all have teleportation, but each round you have to roll a dice for each unit.
On a roll of 1 the go back to the warp and have to teleport in again to be used.

Archived