Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters Beta Codex - Convictions

Sisters of Battle SoB Beta Codex Chapter Approved 2018 Adepta Sororitas

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

bkde

bkde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 350 posts
I did a DIY colour scheme based on the order minoris "Our Lady of Perpetual Ammunition"

They're purple robes/silver armour, so I just run them as whatever. Interesting to note though in ITC rules that they request different subfactions of the same battleforged army have different colour schemes, mostly so your opponent knows which models are using which chapter tactic/order/etc

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

Out of curiosity, now that SoB have official rules for the different Orders, does that determine how you paint / will paint your models? Or are you using ther Order's convictions that are associated to the already painted colour scheme you have?

Im thinking of painting up a SoB detachment for my main army, but wanted to know if experienced SoB prefer to have their models painted to corresponding convictions, or it doesnt really matter because adequate convictions in one edition may turn out to be quite the opposite in the next. So the painting scheme solely based on current conviction rules may not be worth it? 

If they fix them so there's a point to bringing more than one conviction type, then I will have 2 separate Sisters armies painted up. One OoML colors another with a custom scheme. If not, there's no reason to paint more than one armor type so I would just keep them OoML.

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,046 posts
  • Faction: Storm Angels

I did a DIY colour scheme based on the order minoris "Our Lady of Perpetual Ammunition"

Eh, fairly sure if I dig around the archives around here I can claim priority on my DIY order name. In which case they’re canonically black clad with blue fabrics and gold trim. Vehicles are black with gold trim and tan accents.

I’m sure your stuff is quite lovely in purple, but stealing someone else’s order name is a bit gauche when part of diying is doing it yourself.

——————

As I’ve played them, the sisters of OLoPA have spent most of their time impersonating Bloody Rose except on those days where the motor pool is out for maintenance and the impersonate the Sacred Rose instead.

I want the faith manipulation ones to be good, but the massed mob style I find required to make the small force multiplier of faith to shine pretty much mandates the moral mitigation of the sacred Rose.
"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."
- Wallace Sayre

The continued future of the Bolter and Chainsword is in your hands.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sisters of Battle, SoB, Beta Codex, Chapter Approved 2018, Adepta Sororitas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users