Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k list with Magnus

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Angelsforlife6317

Angelsforlife6317

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Hey everyone, I've been thinking of a list to run with magnus for ITC missions over the past couple of weeks. After playing in a local ITC tournament a couple of weeks ago I've got a good idea about what to expect in my local meta.

I've only played about 5 or 10 ITC type games with my thousand sons/magnus. For the most part its been lots of Tzaangors, Enlightened, Magnus, and the usual HQ's. The problem I've been having is the usual issue with a Magnus list, Him getting shot off the table by long range heavy shots before he can kill his points worth etc.

So, taking all my games and thoughts into account so far, I've come up with something that I think could cause problems on enough different fronts/flanks to take a bit of pressure off Magnus. Obviously Magnus has to die in my opponents eyes, So im not expecting my opponent to just ignore him. I do think this list will put enough pressure with psychics from supporting HQ's, my defiler(who will have Ahriman's 24" range prescience support/reroll everything stratagem) and a Tzaangor bomb to force my opponent into some pretty difficult target priority decisions. Prepared positions if I dont get first turn will also help a lot of my survivability with this list. Especially my cultist screen.

Main plan is to have magnus, all psychic characters, and screen march up the field toward objectives/Enemies agressively. I will more than likely deploy my defiler aggresively also so he can stay within 24" of ahriman for +1 to hit without having to move him much or if at all until I wanna get him into melee. Rubric marines will play objectives.

Tzaangor bomb will really be used as a huge distraction or if my opponent doesnt deny me backfield they can drop backside to harass something.

Anyhoo here is the list any suggestions or ways to make my plan work better is welcome. Keep in mind until I get the psykers/Magnus and the cultist blob across mid field I like to use magnus as a general and let him support my psykers for reroll 1's on their psychic tests.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [51 PL, 782pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Relics of the Thousand Sons (2 Relics)

+ HQ +

Ahriman on Disc of Tzeentch [9 PL, 166pts]: Glamour of Tzeentch, Prescience, Tzeentch's Firestorm

Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch [8 PL, 140pts]: Gift of Chaos, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Seer's Bane, Two power swords, Warptime

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [9 PL, 110pts]: 20x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Rubric Marines [7 PL, 96pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Temporal Manipulation
. 4x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 4x Inferno boltgun

. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Tzeentch's Firestorm

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [11 PL, 174pts]: Combi-bolter, Defiler scourge, Twin lascannon, Battle Cannon

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [42 PL, 772pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch [9 PL, 180pts]: Dark Matter Crystal, Infernal Gateway, Malefic talon, Weaver of Fates, Wings

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch [9 PL, 180pts]: Gaze of Fate, Helm of the Third Eye, Malefic talon, Temporal Manipulation, Wings

+ Troops +

. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Weaver of Fates

. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Glamour of Tzeentch, Inferno Bolt Pistol

Tzaangors [10 PL, 220pts]: Brayhorn, 29x Tzaangor w/ Tzaangor Blades
. Twistbray: Tzaangor blades

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [23 PL, 445pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Magnus the Red [23 PL, 445pts]: Death Hex, Doombolt, Warlord, Warptime, Weaver of Fates

++ Total: [116 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Angelsforlife6317, 21 December 2018 - 02:58 AM.

• Tamika likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,455 posts
Personally I think this is going to be a tough list to do really well with at an ITC event, but it really depends what your expectations are.

The one thing I would consider is dropping the lascannons off the Defiler. It’s tough to get mileage out of them on that platform.

Otherwise it looks like a fun list.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Angelsforlife6317

Angelsforlife6317

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Hey prot, Thanks for the reply. My expectations are not top table by any means. I know IG/IK lists will wreck me without question. Against other mid tier armies I think this list will perform well though. My reasoning for the las cannons on the defiler is solely based on the prescience buff from ahriman. If i can get my defiler to a 3+ BS combined with rerolling everything from the daemon strat i think he could be worth it. I felt like I needed sonething to take pressure off of magnus at long range. My thought was to put his shots into something heavy that is trying to take Magnus out. It may not work how I want it too but it makes sense seeing that Im lacking in long range Anti tank weapons.

Tokugawa

Tokugawa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 504 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I would avoid discman like plague. Too cost uneffective, when comparing with DP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users