Your favorite Machine Empathy target

Iron Father Ferrum

So I've used our Chapter stratagem on all kinds of vehicles: Dreadnoughts, Razorbacks, Hunters, Stalkers, Vindicators, Stormtalons, and Stormhawks. Right now, since they provide a hefty amount of my firepower, my most common target is my aircraft (Stormtalons hitting in 2s can lay down a LOT of pain).

What is your preferred machine to empathize with?

I think aircraft are a very good shout due to their speed letting you get them in a good spot first, but anything with lots of shots is a fair choice to get the most bang. Dreads don't quite muster enough shots for me (plus are a bit slower) but a Predator Annihilator is my prime choice if you need to redeploy and make those lascannons count :)

My predator destructors are usually the ones I use the stratagem on.  Once one of the preds in my killshot formation get destroyed, I can split the other two off to support my other units.  I have two unbuilt vindicators, and I am sure they will get some use out of it once they hit the table!

A Dakka Redemptor looks a good choice.. 18 shots going from 4s to 3s to hit is pretty solid. Otherwise I would say Quad Las Predators also. If you really want to get cheeky a double Melta Speeder on a Target of opportunity could be nasty :D

Heavy weps venerable dreadnoughts (keeping that BS2+ is really nice), stormtalons to ensure that the twin assault cannons actually hit, and my Land Raider Excelsior (because done right, you can get BS2+ with 4-pluses triggering extra shots, rerolling ones).

Basically anything with more than a couple heavy weapons that has a tasty target just outside LoS.

It does. :wallbash:

In my defense I was fighting Dark Eldar and had so many modifiers to deal with that the thought never crossed my mind.

I only spent one CP on the LRE, and had no other good targets for it (everything else stayed still) so in the end it didn't really matter.

• 3 months later...