=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

Yup, got my second Primarch, he came in on Wednesday and I've spent the last few days cleaning him up and assembling. My current issue:

If I should paint him metallic blue or not..... Guys what do you think? :laugh.:

Metallic blue for sure...
Seconded :smile.:

Everyone I've spoken to has said metallic.

So it looks like Curze is gonna be rocking some nice metallic blue armour.

You wanted metallic blue armour, you got metallic blue armour:

bQwB8ho.jpg

yJqYBTC.jpg

WYVB0cc.jpg

LealPBe.jpg

Not yet completed, but nearly done on Curze. All that's left to do on Curze is highlight the bones and his lightning claws, then do some clean-up on the silver trim on his armour. So he's like, 90% done. Then all that's left is finishing his base.

Edited by Gederas

very much work in progress, but here's how the first squad of brood brothers are looking this morning.

Brood brothers, first squad

The plan is for all of them to carry some mark of the cult in one way or another, so you can see a few head swaps, some neophyte arms, and the fairly normal looking ones have cultist grenades and icons hanging from their belts.

Seeing those proper old-school Guard being converted for a very lore-appropriate new life totally warms my withered old grognard heart. Can't wait to see how they finish up!

Kinda tempted to do something similar with my ancient lead praetorian guard, though cutting them up seems sinful...

The gore on Curze and the dead marines is really well applied. The metallic armour looks great too.

Longjohnsilver, welcome aboard, is the shark a Attack Bike or a Land Speeder?

Thanks, Trokair. It's a land speeder at the moment but needs a lot of work to make it look less fantasy and more sci-fi.

Welcome aboard, and Sharky McSharkface will be fine for a Plodding Along submission :thumbsup:

Thanks!

The biker is about half-way done. Might even get something else done at this rate.

qonccBw.jpg

Edited by longjohnsilver

Okay so I failed last month. I saw it coming.  At least I got my ETL vows done.

So, for the month of September I vow ( furtively rolls Dice, 4,4...) an ork of some description.  Probably a Boy.  Or a Nob. 

By ork I mean poxwalkers.   Six of them...

I also vow a slow burn project of an Imperial Knight.

Edited by Brother Argent

Well the infantry are done, just need to build and paint a warglaive and the expeditionary force is done and well ahead of my sister (who procrastinates more then I do).

Admechforgebane1

Speaking of as a second vow this month:

I, Focslain , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete a warglaive and helverin by month's end.

Armigarswip

September

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete 1 x Legion of the Damned model by month's end.

gallery_62972_10721_44517.jpg

To do:

• Cork base
  • Move model from battle ready to completion
Edited by Jolemai

I, toaae , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete a Big Mek by month's end.

This is a guy I converted and painted to 3-color minimum for the LVO earlier this year. I want to finish him, just in time for him to be relegated to Legends and unusable in tournaments.

He is finished!

Big Mek Finished 1

The ETL had sapped my motivation, having complete significantly more models than intended due to Darnok's March of the Fallen Challenge. This morning I popped a bitz print on before heading off to work so I could continue with my Art Scale 1st Legion project. Here is an assembled and primed model, legs, torso, power-pack are printed the rest is GW mkIII plastic, and will be my vow for September.

gallery_48988_15094_46304.jpg

gallery_48988_15094_63909.jpg

and I've also decided to Join the Waaagh!! with the following models,

gallery_48988_6285_7110.jpg

Creepy poxwalkers, which is just as they should be.

My brood brothers are done. Well, the first squad. they look like this:

troop brood brothers

The whole squad

brood brother (3)

brood brother (2)

brood brother (1)

A few close-ups

25 years later

And one with an original guardsman and a new brood brother - they were painted more than 25 years apart, and it's nice to see that I've made some improvement in my painting technique between times. 

Hey grotsmasha, would I be able to change my slow burn vow please? I've started on the medusa squad but I've really got the bug for painting a chaos knight tyrant, 2 war dogs and a knight rampager, I've been converting them since the end of the etl. They'll also fit in with a call to chaos vow I'm wanting to do. If it's ok I shall post pics and make my September vow at the same time. Cheers.

Hey grotsmasha, would I be able to change my slow burn vow please? I've started on the medusa squad but I've really got the bug for painting a chaos knight tyrant, 2 war dogs and a knight rampager, I've been converting them since the end of the etl. They'll also fit in with a call to chaos vow I'm wanting to do. If it's ok I shall post pics and make my September vow at the same time. Cheers.

Go for it :tu:

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of september pledge to complete 4 death guard by month's end (not including bases).

med_gallery_141590_15861_208187.jpg

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the year of 2019 pledge to paint a knight tyrant, knight rampager (incarnate slaughter) and two war dogs by year's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_228187.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_565799.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_271656.jpg

Uhhh Dwango?

That's not a picture of a Knight Rampager :lol: That's a Desecrator :P

That Tyrant though! :drool:

Ha it is indeed. I realised when I posted it! I've only just decided on a colour scheme and haven't put the fist together yet. It will be a rampager when done!

I spent a lot of time researching chaotic knights, the tyrant is an amalgamation of a few examples so I cant take the credit. Hopefully I can pull of the paint job I have planned for it. Lots of rust.