=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha, I do have a question though:

How can we earn the five badges if there's only three months of the ETL? :laugh.: Are we able to make a second boast per month or something?

You can do up to 5 ETL vows during the 3 months.

And this event is one model per month if I'm not reading it incorrectly is what I'm saying.

The two events are not directly related. This challenge is 1 or more models per calendar month, the ETL is up to 5 vows totalling no more than 15,000 points between 1st June and 1st September for a specific army forum. it's a bit of a co-incidence the ETL even started on a calendar month boundary, it often doesn't. ETL vows are made over on the appropriate forum and subject to a number of strict rules as it's an inter-forum competition (such as having to complete one vow before starting another, start is maximum of primer layer, can only pledge competition vows for one forum, must vow legal squads/characters etc) while this is a much more relaxed event where the goal is just to try and paint a bit more for yourself, at least 1 model a month - more completed in a month is great of course, but not required.

Of course, since the two events are running simultaneously, you can pledge models for both if appropriate; for example, I pledged a squad of my 1st ETL vow of Blood Angels for this months challenge, but my full first ETL vow is 4 squads and a dread. Completing my months challenge here won't complete my ETL vow, and my ETL vow will only count towards normal badges here if I've fully painted at least one of the models I pledged by the end of this month. For July's badge, I may well end up pledging another part of my 1st ETL vow. I am unlikely to complete more than 2 ETL vows, even though I'll have painted 22+ models!

However, as a bonus, grotsmasha has added special badges for number of ETL vows completed in the next 3 months according to the ETL's rules, as long as some of the models in the vow were also pledged here (or said the other way round - models pledged here that are *also* part of a completed ETL vow are eligible for the special ETL badges). So once I complete my full 1st ETL vow (4 squads+dread), I will also be eligible for the 1st ETL vow completion badge here, as some of them were part of a monthly grotsmasha challenge. I can then do my 2nd ETL vow in the blood angels forum, pledge some here and would be eligible if I complete them in both sections.

At the other extreme, if I was a faster painter, I could do 5 ETL legal vows over there of say 5 individual characters, pledge there here in a single month, complete all of them sequentially in two weeks, and max out my ETL vows and thus get all 5 ETL badges here as a bonus in addition to whatever I gain from the ETL itself; plus I would of course also get June's completion badge.

Edited by Arkhanist

Got caught up in the ETL side of things and forgot to pledge here also.

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 7 plague marines by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15405_236966.jpg

I've started painting already (I've put an update in the chaos forum), but didn't start until June. Hope that's ok?

The idea for the ETL badges here is that, although you need to complete AT LEAST ONE model per month here, you may choose to complete more. So just include one model (or more) from each ETL Vow here and unlock those badges :thumbsup:

Okay, that answers my question. I wasn't sure how it worked was all :lol:

Well, in that case, I'll be doing my Chaplain Dreadnought in addition to my Primaris Lieutenant:

xSfVsPp.jpg

Just realised I've neglected to post my models here.....

I, Grotsmasha, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete 1x Primaris Lieutenant of total value 74pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_48988_15493_79960.jpg

Glory to the Lion and The First !!!!!

I declare my first Vow complete.

gallery_48988_15493_96894.jpg

gallery_48988_15493_11683.jpg

So,

I, Grotsmasha, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete 1x Primaris Lieutenant of total value 74pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_48988_15493_103649.jpg

It seems if I am to keep using Martian Ironearth, I've found my limit...

...Vow 2 Complete

gallery_48988_15493_126590.jpg

gallery_48988_15493_17511.jpg

So, what do we reckon? Three models, three days?

gallery_48988_15493_124067.jpg

Woop woop, a hat-trick....Vow 3 Complete :thumbsup:

gallery_48988_15493_1625758.jpg

gallery_48988_15493_1536264.jpg

I, Grotsmasha, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete 1x Primaris Master of total value 92pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_48988_15493_124918.jpg

Planning to start Vow 5 on the weekend.....so hoping to get Vow 4 done by tomorrow :thumbsup:

Edited by Grotsmasha

Yaay! Now, two things:

I'm sure you're going to clear it up, but just as an FYI, you didn't delete my May vow when you copied over the post for June; it still says Ork loota. I'm doing a warboss in mega-armor.

Second, and this is the smallest, most minor detail, and I feel silly for event mentioning it, but for the May summary, you capitalized my name and it isn't. It's dumb, I know, but it just looks wrong to me. For the future, you know. :teehee:

And I forgot to add this here as well.

I , Sabadin, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux VII and vow the following biomass for the Hive Mind

1 unit of 16 Genestealers with 4x Acid Maw

gallery_48561_7422_1233313.jpg

1 unit of 20 Genestealers

gallery_48561_7422_548666.jpg

For a total amount of 432 points to be completed by September 1st, 2019.

I, toaae, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete a Warboss in Mega-Armor, Brakgcrel Nag Krot Tortoof, Mega-Tyrant of Sterik, by month's end.

ETL7 Vow #1

He's the absolute unit second from the left.

And that absolute unit has been completed:

Megaboss Finished Front

More pictures in my thread. I'm feeling good about finishing the rest of the ETL vow this month.

Toaae, nice use of the ambot.
Grotsmasha, you have been really busy with those Primaris Lieutenants, soon you can field an army of them.

I, Trokair, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete one Tactical Marine by month's end.

gallery_29932_12734_151296.jpg

Picture is from my ETL vow, the Tactical Marine will be from the 10 man squad on the right.
The reason why I am only pledging 1 marine for this month is that I have had issues with the intended paint scheme back in 2017 when I started this army and they have been in a box since. I now have an airbrush so starting with one marine. The rest will have to follow in time.

Either will be acceptable this month as the ETL started June. For July and August quote your ETL vows and specify which model from the vow counts for the Challenge. To earn all 5 ETL badges, you'll need to complete 5 models, each from a different vow, over the 3 months.

• 2 weeks later...

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and in line with the ETL pledge to complete a venom crawler as my 2nd vow.

I Dwango rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine Forum and vow to complete

10 fallen - champion, power axe and plasma pistol. 9 boltguns. - 150

20 CSM Squad MoK - Aspiring Champion, twin lightning claws. 17 chainswords and bolt pistols. 2 x flamers. Banner of wrath. - 294

1 Venomcrawler equipped with a soulflayer, two excruciator cannons, tendrils and eviscerating claws. - 130

of total value 574 points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end med_gallery_141590_15192_547815.jpgmed_gallery_141590_15405_913569.jpgmed_gallery_141590_15405_419761.jpg

The CSM squad are a mixture of space wolves and older CSM models. The wolves have come from the Wolf of Fenris that the Red Corsairs captured. Figured they turned to chaos during the boarding action. The others represent newer additions to the Corsairs. Huron would send these in first to prove their worth instead of risking his original marines.