=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

Thanks, longjohnsilver. Just for you:

Space Hulk : Genestealer

Sadly, they're the only survivors from my original three sets - Hulk, Deathwing and Genestealer. I have no idea what happened to the terminator squads, or the rest of the librarians and hybrids; although my current terminators include ten from the second edition Hulk.

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete a squad of 6 Night Lord Chaos Space Marines by month's end:

tImt1Zs.jpg

Another Call of Chaos vow. Hopefully I can finish this squad sooner than what the Plague Marines took :lol:

I, longjohnsilver, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete a Reclusiarch (metal) chaplain with a jump pack and melta bombs.

cqGgB8i.jpg

Thanks, longjohnsilver.

That librarian looks great. Next time you finish a model and set-up your camera could you do a close-up shot of the heraldry on the shoulder pad?

Is that an Amber wizard in the background there?

It's not so much a camera set-up as my mobile phone and a tabletop. But here's a couple of closer shots:

librarian 1

librarian 2

aggressor

This guy (Chief Librarian Nicodemus) dates from a time when my main inspiration was still the original painting guide for marines and personal heraldry and individualised armour was very much a thing. Hence the paint explosion on the shoulder pad. The little blue and white skull thing was intended as a psyker badge, but was later co-opted as a chapter symbol and appears on all of my later marines, like the aggressor here.

And to keep things relatively on topic, here's a work in progress for my magus:

magus Wip

Quick update, I have done all the legs, and the cloaks both inside and out up to the waist. As such I was able to finish the last assembly step and glue torso to legs. This should now make it easier to finish them as I nolonger have to keep track which legs belong to which torso whenever I pick one up.

gallery_29932_13153_3508.jpg

Rogue, looking good on the Magus, what’s your recipe for the blue robe?

Thanks, Trokair. The robes are painted in line with one of Duncan's Cult tutorials - a Mechanicus Standard Grey base coat; then Stegadon Scale Green (which looks pretty blue to me) all over as a flat layer; then Agrax Earthshade all over; then several thinned-down layers of Thunderhawk Blue, starting on the ridges and flat surfaces, and gradually working into the folds so that it fades into the shadows. And then a final highlight with Dawnstone just along the sharp edges and bottom of the robe, but that's not done in this picture.

What are the massive guns on your rangers? I recognise the rifles and carbines in the back row, and the plasma caliver in the front, but what are the other three? They look seriously shooty.

Finished the Wave Serpent, wanted to have tri-cannon set up, but the weapon sprue is harder to come by these days.

Serpent final

I'm going to work on some none wargaming models for the rest of the month. Will comeback in Nov with a few more.

So the two on the left are two other special weapons, I have not fully decided but one will be a Rad Gun and the other a Suppression Laser. As for the weapons, the stock is a Necron Deathmark gun, then one use a spar bit from the Tech-Priest Dominus kit and the other uses two trimmed down Deathmark gun barrels.

The big guy on the right will be my plasma cannon, it’s a Grave cannon bit from the Kataphronkit added to a trimmed down Necron Tessla gun.

Some pictures below from when I built them

gallery_29932_13153_45234.jpg
gallery_29932_13153_46185.jpg
gallery_29932_13153_29403.jpg

Edit: nice work on the Magos

Edited by Trokair

Thanks again. I'm pretty pleased with him.

So what are the rad gun and suppression laser? They're not regular choices for the rangers. Are they forge world things? They look good though, neat conversions.

Van Saars makes more sense. Although I wouldn't fire that plasma rocket whilst on any kind of gantry - I can totally see him being thrown backwards over the edge on pure recoil.

And as I'm here, one more from me - the magus' little friend...

familiar

And looking at my workload over the next couple of weeks, that is definitely me done for the month (he tells himself, fairly firmly).

• 2 weeks later...

They are some nice conversions trokair! They'll make an impressive and intimidating van saar gang!

I'm liking the old school Terminator too rogue!

For me, Octobers vow is complete.

med_gallery_141590_15861_116836.jpg

Here's an update of my (not so!) slow burn project.

gallery_141590_15861_62648.jpg

There's still a few bits to do and I'm not sure if I like the tabbard/banner think it's a bit pink compared to the rest of the look.

Things have been hectic this month but heres my October vow. My first ever Ork(!). Always had a soft spot for the Greenskins, but in my younger years the cost of an army of Orks would have not been feasible. Since GW havent said a word about updating the Deathwatch I thought it would be a good time to start some Xenos. This will be a test fig of colours and a speed paint test. My orks will not be painted to the same standard as my DW. So except some sloppiness!

chpy7LK.jpg

I'd like to apologise for my absence of late, I've been working on an idea for next year that I'm almost ready to show, but I'll tell you that it includes a Planetary Empires map....

We that sounds intriguing! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

I, toaae, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete a Morkanaut by month's end.

Another month, another completion!

Morkanaut Finished

I finished this just in time for the SoCal Open. And it performed admirably for me there, so the fresh paint worked!

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete a squad of 6 Night Lord Chaos Space Marines by month's end:

tImt1Zs.jpg

Well.....

I finished the Champion :lol:

NFtzhcn.jpg

Dunno if I'll finish the other four in two days.

12 Months of Hobby October Summary

The Challenge saw 11 pledges for October. Of the 11 Frater, 9 completed their vows, leaving just two Frater failing their pledge for the month. We once again managed to complete 29 models between us.

Lets award some badges,

gallery_48988_15094_5479.png

Brother Argent

toaae

gallery_48988_15094_8581.png

Dwango

Focslain

Gederas

Grotsmasha

Jolemai

Rogue

Trokair

gallery_48988_15094_4604.png

Azaiel

longjohnsilver

gallery_48988_15094_2696.png

Dwango

Rogue

gallery_48988_15094_3721.png

Gederas

Trokair

gallery_48988_15094_9066.png

Jolemai

gallery_48988_15094_1620.png

Brother Argent

gallery_48988_15094_4852.png

Gederas

Trokair

gallery_48988_15094_6142.png

Gederas

In a close one between Rogue and Gederas again, it was Gederas' Night Lords squad that takes my Favourite for this month.

Home stretch guys, 2 months to go :thumbsup:

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

November

gallery_48988_15094_3448.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_5845.png gallery_48988_15094_1454.png gallery_48988_15094_3346.png gallery_48988_15094_2147.png gallery_48988_15094_2212.png gallery_48988_15094_1984.png gallery_48988_15094_2403.png

Upgraded pips will continue to be awarded for consistency,

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model to work on through out the year,

gallery_48988_15094_5524.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

gallery_48988_15094_2181.png

There are also Silver and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

Arkhanist -

Azaiel - Blood Axe Kommando

Brother Argent -

Brother Sgt Arkley -

Chaplain Dosjetka -

Dwango - 1x Plague Marine

Freedom -