=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

Ive gotten a good amount of work done on the poxwalkers for this month. Havent yet had a good day yet to prime the Prince so it might have to get rolled over into march for that month's vow. Mean time I got 1 poxwalker fully done. I call him Bengermin Grimdark

51848130_2507629595975642_64052642066181

edit - I 2nd Grot on the GW texture basing paints. I've been using them in some form or another on all of my base work since I got back into the hobby and they are great. I used some on this model in fact.

Edited by tordeck

So this is how my Daemonettes sit at the current moment:

gallery_36568_14038_8926.jpg

Please excuse the clutter and grainy photo. The question I need to ask opinions on is what colour to do their claw arms? The blue and black of their armour is too suit my White Talon Chaos marines whom serve predominantly Slaanesh. I wanted the two armies to mesh well. Now I have painted the power weapons of the marines in green but I think that would be too jarring in this case. I was also considering bone but I am not sure it would pop enough.

I am probably going to base them urban, much like my marines.

For reference here is a picture of my Chaos Lord to show how the marines scheme works.

gallery_36568_14038_29698.jpg

So this is how my Daemonettes sit at the current moment:

gallery_36568_14038_8926.jpg

Please excuse the clutter and grainy photo. The question I need to ask opinions on is what colour to do their claw arms? The blue and black of their armour is too suit my White Talon Chaos marines whom serve predominantly Slaanesh. I wanted the two armies to mesh well. Now I have painted the power weapons of the marines in green but I think that would be too jarring in this case. I was also considering bone but I am not sure it would pop enough.

I am probably going to base them urban, much like my marines.

For reference here is a picture of my Chaos Lord to show how the marines scheme works.

gallery_36568_14038_29698.jpg

Might want to consider bone with a light green highlight and the green gem wash? That way it's not to off putting and still matches your power weapon aesthetic with the light green glow.

On my end I finished the Centurions, the Warglaive is also done but I still need to make and paint him a meltagun before his 'complete' as well as the vow.

HoD Centurions

I like it. And bonus points for the ninja turtle over his shoulder.

Here's my completed vow for February - not just completed, but battle-blooded too:

Genestealers

it's the four genestealers across the front - two are from last month; the other two are from this month.

And in a bold/stupid (delete as retrospectively applicable) move, I'm going to make my March pledge early, and go for five whole models, which is as many as I've managed so far this year. So:

I, Rogue, pledge to complete five aberrants before the end of March.

Here's how they looked yesterday morning:

aberrants On sprue

As of right now, they're assembled and primed (day off yesterday), but I don't have a photo of that.

Got the meltagun done over the weekend, so Feb vow is done.

WarglaiveCR

Was wondering since I'd like to prep for the ETL, can I do a terrain piece as a vow? Like to remain productive but don't want to paint something I want to use for another event.
Edited by Focslain

Azaiel - that face is brilliant. The rest is good too, but that blue-gray fleshtone really draws the eye.

On a side-note, if you put your camera a little further away, and then crop the back image down, you get the same photo but without the blur on the outstretched bolter.

Was wondering since I'd like to prep for the ETL, can I do a terrain piece as a vow? Like to remain productive but don't want to paint something I want to use for another event.

Absolutely :tu:  Terrain would be great

Absolutely :thumbsup:  Terrain would be great

Ok then, well first off an early march vow.

I, Focslain , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete one Forgeshrine by month's end.

forgewip1

I won't start until March proper, til then I have some 'woodworking' to do.

Edit: Added pict. And it's not glued together, it is in many pieces for painting.

Edited by Focslain

Okay so firstly my Daemonettes are complete:

gallery_36568_14038_79035.jpg

Horrible photo I know. I hope to get a better one in the day light and with less garbage behind them. You may also note a sneaky peak of my (at this point undercoated) other part of February commitment. A down grade of a Lord I know but a Necron model none the less. Here is the pre-undercoat photo:

gallery_36568_14038_7641.jpg

Oh and finally the before and after of the Imperial Guardman I vowed for January:

gallery_36568_14038_73751.jpggallery_36568_14038_19765.jpg

I realised I didn't post a before so I thought I better now.

So in the interest in a getting a head start on March could you swing me another randomiser result please Grot. If you get Heresy results I will substitute it for terrain.

Edited by Brother Argent

With only about two days to go I have finally finished my vow, I present one Ordo Reductor Magos.

And as the vote had been unanimously been for the hat I also put it on. I angled it back slightly as opposed to the forward angle then it would normally have. I did not want to hide the face too much.

gallery_29932_12734_55385.jpg

No idea yet what I am doing for March, I probably should do another part of my L&T vow, but as I have the four tanks left I might do a character or something else small for this event to have some variance.

Now I better go and see what everybody else has been up to.

Thanks Fr33Dom.

Had a chance to look at the last few days of posts, good work everybody.

Azaiel, he looks really good. How much time did you spend on the head?

Rikkumon, looking good.

Grotsmasha, nice conversion, I may in time have to steal part of the idea, if I may, for my Deathwatch.

Brother Sgt Arkley, as Grotsmasha suggested, try the basing paints, I use them a lot and you can get some really nice effects. I would suggest watching a video or two before using them and doing a test base or two as well. For example the ones that crack up need to be a certain thickness to crack properly, too little and it does not really work, too much and the cracked paint can break off.