=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

Dwango, good luck with the Knights, the little Nurgling is a cute touch.

Rough, nicely done.

Azaiel, you can do it.

Grotsmasha, that a very metallic 1st Legion Marine.

So I only actually completed one test ‘Wolf’fully, but the others are not that far behind.

gallery_29932_12914_113966.jpg

My local group is starting Necromunda so for October I will be working on that.

I, Trokair , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete one or more Van Saar (Skitarii) Gangers by month's end.

gallery_29932_13153_48386.jpg

Dwango, good luck with the Knights, the little Nurgling is a cute touch.

Rough, nicely done.

Azaiel, you can do it.

Grotsmasha, that a very metallic 1st Legion Marine.

So I only actually completed one test ‘Wolf’fully, but the others are not that far behind.

gallery_29932_12914_113966.jpg

My local group is starting Necromunda so for October I will be working on that.

I, Trokair , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete one or more Van Saar (Skitarii) Gangers by month's end.

gallery_29932_13153_48386.jpg

The idea behind my 1st Legion, is that they're the inspiration/predecessors of the GotC Successor that I paint for regular 40k

And my last pair of armigars are done, I now have a full squad of both warglaives and helverins.

Armigar final

Later I'm going to be making a small group of actual Taranis knights, but that is later. Next month I have something else planned.

And my September vow is done, it took almost all of Saturday while watching the UFC and some work on Sunday mainly the base. heres my Space shark terminator ready to slay some enemies of the Emperor. The base model is one of the terminator heroes figures, the one with the servo skull, with new arms and shoulderpad from shapeways.

XGCdZoi.jpg

27oc9cp.jpg

COYF4aU.jpg

I like that skin-tone. I find greys like that can sometimes look like the base coat, but this looks properly finished, just grey.

That's horribly articulated, but hopefully you get what I mean.

Skip to a month...

October

gallery_48988_15094_7480.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_6313.png gallery_48988_15094_2696.png gallery_48988_15094_7348.png gallery_48988_15094_3721.png gallery_48988_15094_1620.png gallery_48988_15094_6378.png

Upgraded pips will continue to be awarded for consistency,

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model to work on through out the year,

gallery_48988_15094_5524.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

gallery_48988_15094_4604.png

There are also Silver and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

Arkhanist -

Azaiel - 1x Ork

Brother Argent - 5x Death Guard Plague Marines

Brother Sgt Arkley -

Chaplain Dosjetka -

Dwango - 3x Death Guard Plague Marines

Freedom -

Focslain - Wave Serpent

Gederas - Night Lords Champion and Squad

Grotsmasha - 1+ Genestealers

Jolemai - 2x LotD

longjohnsilver - 1x Reclusiarch

Rogue - GSC Magus and Familiar

Sabadin -

TheOneTrueZon -

toaaee - 1x Morkanaught

Trokair - 1+ Necromunda Van Saar / Skitarii

Pledges for 2019

Brother Argent - Imperial Knight

Dwango - Legion Medusa Squadron Kright Tyrant, Knight Rampager, 2x War Dogs

Greenz - DG Daemon Prince

Grotsmasha - Caestus Assault Ram Warhound Titan

Jolemai - Imperial Knight with magnetised options

longjohnsilver - Sharky McSharkface

.Torch. - Adeptus Custodes

Participants on the Randomizer

Brother Argent -

Chaplain Dosjetka -

Dornbeard -

Grotsmasha -

Edited by Grotsmasha

Nice work. I like those wooden bases on the Death Guard, Dwango. Makes them look very display piece.

Here's my vow for October:

I, Rogue, continue with the 12 Month Hobby Challenge, and pledge to complete a Cult Magus and Familiar by month's end.

magus

He's going to replace my current magus stand-in - one of the unarmed hybrid models from the Space Hulk : Genestealer expansion (who's been having a good run as a stand-in for, so far, a clamavus, a primus and a magus; he might do some work experience as a nexos in the near future...)

Ha, thanks. I suppose they do! They are meant to be finished but I ran out of time this month to do them. Spent most of the month converting a knight tyrant. I plan on finishing them along with my October vow. Good luck with the Magus. I like the new GSC releases.

Speaking of Grotsmasha...

Is everything okay, chap? There's usually been a monthly round-up by now, but it's all a bit quiet.

It's true. The holdup was due to me not having made all of the badges yet due to the ETL, The Waaagh, and The Call imagery. Should be up tonight/early morning :tu:

12 Months of Hobby September Summary

With the addition of one new frater, The Challenge saw 12 pledges this month. Of the 12 Frater, 11 completed their vows, leaving just one Frater failing their pledge for the month. We managed to complete 29 models between us, including several vehicle, and a Primarch!!!

Lets award some badges,

gallery_48988_15094_4206.png

longjohnsilver

gallery_48988_15094_9888.png

Brother Argent

gallery_48988_15094_4560.png

Azaiel

Jolemai

toaaee

gallery_48988_15094_5012.png

Dwango

Focslain

Gederas

Grotsmasha

Rogue

Trokair

gallery_48988_15094_3505.png

Arkhanist

gallery_48988_15094_3009.png

Azaiel

gallery_48988_15094_1602.png

Azaiel

longjohnsilver

gallery_48988_15094_19806.png

Dwango

Focslain

Trokair

gallery_48988_15094_4900.png

Jolemai

gallery_48988_15094_1243.png

Brother Argent

gallery_48988_15094_13560.png

Focslain

Gederas

Rogue

gallery_48988_15094_4025.png

Rogue

Favourite was a tough call this month, whilst I really liked Gederas' Curze, seeing the before/after for updated Brood Brothers tipped it for me.

Home stretch guys, 3 months to go :thumbsup:

Edited by Grotsmasha

My son (who is 8) had started expressing an interest in actually playing a game with m "cool toys" these school holidays, so we started Lost Patrol, and graduated to WQ: Silver Tower. Seeing as he is still enjoying both, my pledge for October will be 1+ of the Lost Patrol Genestealers.

gallery_48988_15094_39936.jpg

It's mine, I tell you. My own. My precious. Yes, my preciousss. So don't make me come over there and eat raw fish at you. 

Umm as the actual keeper of the Aug Favourite Sig I will have to inform you to cease this shenanigans and accept your Sep Favourite emblem. (@Grotsmasha, not sure why but its says Aug favourite in the September summary.)

Btw how do I add these thing to my Signature? Me no good on da Komputa!

It's mine, I tell you. My own. My precious. Yes, my preciousss. So don't make me come over there and eat raw fish at you.

Umm as the actual keeper of the Aug Favourite Sig I will have to inform you to cease this shenanigans and accept your Sep Favourite emblem. (@Grotsmasha, not sure why but its says Aug favourite in the September summary.)

Btw how do I add these thing to my Signature? Me no good on da Komputa!

Well I'll be.....

Cut and paste error, I'll sort it now :thumbsup:

Click on  your name top left of page, select Settings, then Signature. Then Right click and copy/paste the image into your Sig 

Edited by Grotsmasha

Lost patrol is a great game; wish I'd bought a 2nd copy for the tiles. You could print your own hexagons.

I'll post up my October vow later; it'll be different to my Corax Command chaplain vow, as I can't do the same figure for two Grotsmasha badges! (Need to update my sig..)

Congratulations Rogue. Those Imperial Army troops take me back to my childhood. I've got a terminator librarian from the old Space Hulk : Genestealer that was given to me at school and since stripped. Maybe that could be my vow for November...