=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

November is bases month. This is the last big batch in my year-long ambition to base my marine army. After this, there's only a few bits and pieces that don't fit into the carry case to do. Hurrah.

Which means that I, Rogue, pledge to base at least one but ideally all 31 members of the Gorgons first company by the end of November.

first company

Why is it as soon as I vow the model, it starts raining constantly again? :lol:

God I love/hate where I live. Love it because it's nice and calm. Hate because it makes me want to look into investing in an airbrush to prime because of the weather being ridiculous.....

• 2 weeks later...

So my vow this month is in conjunction with the Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019.

The chapter I was assigned are Inquisitor Van Horn’s Celestial Knights.

I, Trokair , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of November pledge to complete one Celestial Knights marine by month's end.

I dug out two models from my rescue and restore pile that I am considering, both hare currently taking a bath to strip of the old paint.

gallery_29932_13461_52665.jpg

November

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of November pledge to complete 1 x BA Captain by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_1191.jpeg

To do:

• Base
  • Move model from battle ready to completion
Edited by Jolemai

For November I've chosen to paint an Angel of Absolution, one of the Dark Angel Successor Chapters, I was inspired by the planned narrative I've been working on for the 2020 Challenge. I was on such a roll I got started before posting, and went the whole nine yards and finished him up in just 4.5hrs.

Primer on, ready to go,

gallery_48988_15094_33083.jpg

30mins in,

gallery_48988_15094_40679.jpg

1.5hrs in,

gallery_48988_15094_9472.jpg

and finished at 4hrs,

gallery_48988_15094_86026.jpg

gallery_48988_15094_88039.jpg

gallery_48988_15094_37897.jpg

gallery_48988_15094_19619.jpg

And done. The thirty-one terminator-armoured members of the first company, now based. 

first company

Just a handful of marines still to go, those being the ones that live in the cabinet with the heavy armour because they're too big to fit in the suitcase. But that's a pledge for another month...

And really liking that marine, Grotsmasha. Simple colour scheme but top execution.

One month to late but heres my test Ork. It was a quick paintjob (for me atleast) and I liked the moss green skin. Now I have to do 90+ more! :rolleyes:

nKvEGN4.jpg

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the green skin? Looks great!

One month to late but heres my test Ork. It was a quick paintjob (for me atleast) and I liked the moss green skin. Now I have to do 90+ more! :rolleyes:

nKvEGN4.jpg

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the green skin? Looks great!

Thx!

I got it from this blokes channel (Emperors crusade) on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYptUi7tV4&t=750s

Its basecoat of Deathworld forest

Athonian camo shade

Elysian green layer

Ogryn  camo final highlight

Quite the speed demon there Grotsmasha, nicely done.

Rouge, I can’t decide if that many terminators all ranked up is scary, or if the little old style terminators on their 25mm bases are just cute.

Quick update on my end, models have now been striped, cleaned, reglued and sprayed. Unfortunately my Grey Seer died before I was fully done, so coverage is a bit lackluster. They will have to wait until I get more or I need to finish the undercoat by hand. I am leaning towards the marine to paint and because he has a slot base I had to put him on a 25mm base, but as they are on 32mm these days I then added the 25mm with model to a 32mm and used some plastic to make some rubble to try and hide this a bit, not convinced yet that it will work out but let’s see what a paint job can do.

gallery_29932_13461_61175.jpg

I, toaae, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of November pledge to complete a Bonebreaka by month's end.

Bonebreaka 2 WiP 1

Today I painted the Ork on top :biggrin.:

And here it is!

med_gallery_14776_14604_1456494.jpg

Now, I'm going to slink off to the Mortal Realms for the rest of the month :ph34r.:

Edited by toaae