=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

Welcome to the B&C, and the Challenge Dwango :thumbsup:

Good to see you've got the images sorted so quickly.

Cheers Grotsmasha! And nice work on the assault marine.

I am considering January complete - I am going to redo the transfers as I think they were too old and they keep splitting.

Still not sure what to do base wise... (I really hate bases)

There's some incredibly neat highlighting on them marines.

That is a very yellow marine there Grotsmasha.

Azail, nice sergeant, certainly trumps mine and you are not even finished.

Marcusc, the more the merrier, on the first one did you swap the gun? Where is the second one from, I can’t place it, so assumed it is a plastic/resin one but the servo arm and axe both look metal.

Fr33Dom, looking good, I really like the intensity of the colours, and the excellent white.

Rikkumon, really fitting conversion, the pot belly on the guardsman made me smile, the rest of the Kill Team also looks great.

.Torch. good luck, especially with the Knight.

I declare my January pledge complete, one Reiver Sergeant (and his squad).

gallery_29932_13153_63802.jpg

While I was aiming to complete the sergent this guy was the most interesting to paint.

gallery_29932_13153_91600.jpg

Those are some nice reivers there Trokair. I like the new reiver models. Plus, for what its worth, my vote is for a hat! All the important people wear hats.

I just got done with my DW serg, so a couple of quick pics. Hes a marines Malevolent so a real a-hole. :rolleyes:

oFIHFkX.jpg

6BSDRv7.jpg

He looks it Aziel! Excellent work.

I'm declaring my vow complete (I have no idea for squad markings etc. as I am waiting for the HH books to make it to the dark angels so they are to be added later). I have my Feb vow ready to start but will post later.

gallery_141590_15192_794536.jpg

gallery_141590_15192_262102.jpg

gallery_141590_15192_556952.jpg

Azaiel: sweet deathwatch marine

Fr33Dom: you and me both, slow and purposeful (as long as we're moving at all)

Trokair: Cheers! gun swap yes - not sure how well its worked, was conveniently on the desk. The other was a 2nd edit. techmarine torso with its axe arm, part of an Iron hands bionic arm, Iron Hand Immortal legs. I pretty much loved the 8th edition resto-mod process

Rikkumon: gorgeous killteam

Vykes: said 55man batch has captured my imagination enough to consider a year long along those lines - thx

..and here's some techmarines. gee that month timeframe, it does not negotiate, god I want to get you with this newfound secret ingredient - my pile of resin/plastic

med_gallery_80881_12688_459227.jpg

gallery_80881_12688_424492.jpg

gallery_80881_12688_1547094.jpg

So... Not going to get there this month.  Although I haven't posted the before photo I have been working on the guy.  Its my intention to make this a one model a week challenge just to really step up my game.  I spent a large amount of time away from home this months so no good.  But enough excuses.  For next month I shall complete not only my four guardsmen from this month but also a Necron Lord, a necron warrior or few, a mounted daemonette and a few on foot daemonettes.  These daemonettes are the old school Juan Diaz ones too so should be good.  Wish me luck.

How about finishing off the Guardsmen in your first two weeks and then vowing either the Necron Lord and one/a handful of Warrior(s) or the Daemonettes? That way you don't have too much on your plate but still set yourself a reasonable challenge?

Don't forget that February is a few days shorter than other months, too!

So... Not going to get there this month.  Although I haven't posted the before photo I have been working on the guy.  Its my intention to make this a one model a week challenge just to really step up my game.  I spent a large amount of time away from home this months so no good.  But enough excuses.  For next month I shall complete not only my four guardsmen from this month but also a Necron Lord, a necron warrior or few, a mounted daemonette and a few on foot daemonettes.  These daemonettes are the old school Juan Diaz ones too so should be good.  Wish me luck.

How about finishing off the Guardsmen in your first two weeks and then vowing either the Necron Lord and one/a handful of Warrior(s) or the Daemonettes? That way you don't have too much on your plate but still set yourself a reasonable challenge?

Don't forget that February is a few days shorter than other months, too!

Just remember guys, no matter you're pledge, completing a SINGLE model for the month is the only requirement :tu:

It's great that people want to, and can do more, but it's about plugging away and keeping going even if tat means just one model

Unfortunately due to long shifts and starting my challenge late, I'm going to be failing the first month's challenge. Bit miffed but it's partly down to my own fault. 

Still I'm getting ready for February.

For February I will be painting a 10 man Chaos Space Marine Squad.

Cutting it a little fine, but we made it in the end.

Here are my finished genestealers (The Maw and The Terror), taking full advantage of the one-per-team acid maw and flesh-hooks upgrades.

Maw And Terror

And here are my wife's sicarians: Princeps de Winter, flanked by rust-stalker Richelieu and infiltrator Bernajoux.

For February, I (Rogue) pledge to finish the other two genestealers in this photo by month's end.

stealers

Aside from the last couple splashes of paint here and there, but the meat and potatoes of this badness is done. 

Decided to go more Iron Maiden than Van Halen.

Going to shoot a turntable tonight / tomorrow if I'm feeling motivated. 

SIbVAab.jpg

The freezing weather hasn't been ideal for matt varnishing, so cut it a bit close on these two!

wDArMMa.jpg

Realised about half way through I wasn't really liking the light green armour, so I mostly used them as a bit of a test for some new rust effects and see how they came out, so didn't bother with line highlighting etc. Magenta cloth is too close to the pink tentacles, so that will have to change too. Verdigris on the brass was also too busy, so had to cover that up. More work needs on streaking too, came out kinda blobby.

Still, this is why I do test models! Next design will be quite different I think.

Not sure what I'm going to do next month, possibly some work on simplifying my Rusted Claw scheme for my genecult, or maybe crack open blackstone fortress, or my escher are waiting patiently too, or, or... I might have to crack out a dice!

Ran out of time to finish the Sybarite but this is what I got for this month. Going to call them done. If I only had one more day :unsure.:

KabWarriors02

It’s so strange looking at the picture that the eyes seem red. But they are the same Blue as the pipes.

Edited by Brother Callidan

12 Months of Hobby January Summary

January saw 32 Frater embark upon the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge with a variety of pledges ranging from single models, up to full squads. Of the 32 Frater, 22 managed to complete their pledges, with several members completing additional models. A total of 42 models were completed, including two vehicles. This leaves just 9 Frater failing their pledge, and 1 participant who failed to pledge their model.

Now, lets award some badges,

gallery_48988_15094_2023.png

Arkhanist

Azaiel

Brother Calidan

Brother Sgt Arkley

Cactus

Chaplain Dosjetka

Dragonlover

Dwango

Eib.Almera

Focslain

Gederas

Grotsmasha

Jolemai

Lord Ranulf

marcusc

Rikkumon

Rogue

Rogue's Wife

TheOneTrueZon

Tordeck

Trokair

Vykes

gallery_48988_15094_6323.png

Aeternus

Armarnis

Brother Argent -

Claws and Effect

Cryptix

Freedom

MadGreek

Sabadin

Slyen

TZ20

gallery_48988_15094_6220.png

Azaiel

Lord Ranulf

TheOneTrueZon

Vykes

gallery_48988_15094_2677.png

Chaplain Dosjetka - 13hrs - Traitor Guardsman

Gederas - 15hrs - 4x Ur-Ghuls

Lord Ranulf - 13hrs - Commissar

Vykes - 5.5hrs - Contemptor Dreadnought

gallery_48988_15094_5165.png

Arkhanist

Brother Calidan

Cactus

Dragonlover

Eib.Almera

Focslain

Jolemai

Rogue

Rogue's Wife

gallery_48988_15094_1684.png

TheOneTrueZon

Well done everyone, and looking forward to seeing what you all do for February :thumbsup:

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

February

gallery_48988_15094_7420.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_1196.png gallery_48988_15094_792.png gallery_48988_15094_4290.png gallery_48988_15094_7590.png gallery_48988_15094_6770.png gallery_48988_15094_4190.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model to work on through out the year,

gallery_48988_15094_5524.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

gallery_48988_15094_7152.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

Aeternus -

Arkhanist - 3x Neophyte Hybrids

Armarnis -

Azaiel - Deathwatch Veteran

Brother Argent - AM Guardsmen, Necron Lord, Daemonettes

Brother Calidan - Deathwatch Sergeant

Brother Sgt Arkley - 5x Intercessors

Cactus - BSF Negavolt Cultist

Chaplain Dosjetka - BSF Ranger

Claws and Effect -

Cryptix -

DornBeard - GSC Iconward

Dragonlover -

Dwango - Imperial Space Marine and Master of Signal

Eib.Almera - 5x CF Intercessors

Freedom - Assault Marine

Focslain - Imperial Knight Helverin

Gederas - Chaos Knight

Greenz - DG Plague Marine

Grotsmasha - Primaris Inceptor

Jolemai - BA Lieutenant

Lord Ranulf -

MadGreek -

marcusc - Chaplain

Rikkumon - Commissar

Rogue - 2x Genestealers

Rogue's Wife -

Sabadin - Tyranid Deathleaper

Slyen -

TheOneTrueZon - Culexius Assassin

Tordeck - Daemon Prince and Poxwalkers

Trokair - Magos Reductor

TZ20 - 10x CSM Squad

Vykes -

​

Pledges for 2019

Dwango - Legion Medusa Squadron

Greenz - DG Daemon Prince

Grotsmasha - Caestus Assault Ram

Jolemai - Imperial Knight with magnetised options

.Torch. - Adeptus Custodes

Participants on the Randomizer List

Aeternus - 6 and 4, so Heresy Night Lords, or Xenos Tyranids / Genestealer Cults.

Brother Argent - 3 and a 4, so Chaos Daemons, or Xenos Necrons.

Chaplain Dosjetka - 4 and a 1, so Adeptus Astartes Deathwatch, or Xenos Eldar Craftworld / Harlequins.

DornBeard - 6 and a 4, then 7, so Heresy Thousand Sons, or Xenos Tyranids / Genestealer Cults.

Grotsmasha - 1 and a 1, then 11, so Adeptus Astartes Ultima Founding.

Edited by Grotsmasha

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete a Dark Angel Master of Signal and a limited edition Imperial Space Marine by month's end.

​I also pledge to complete a Legion Medusa Squadron (3 Tanks) by the end of the year. Pics to follow.

gallery_141590_15192_675335.jpg

gallery_141590_15192_1012356.jpg

sml_gallery_141590_15192_370897.jpg

Edited by Dwango

Ok, took these quick before bed and after a game of Blackstone. Here is one completed Wasdakka Blastjet.

blastajet1

blastajet2

blastajet3

- underside

I'm hoping to do a commissar I got from wargames exclusive, but couldn't locate the blisters. I'll do some more searching this weekend.