=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha, I just joined the Bolter and Chainsword specifically to participate in these hobby motivation groups. Sign me up for the 12 months of hobby challenge, and please add me to your randomizer list. I'm looking forward to getting started for February.

Welcome to the B&C DornBeard :tu: and welcome to the 12 Months of Hobby.

I've rolled a 6 and a 4 (then 7), so either HH Traitors Thousand Sons, or Xenos Tyranids / Genestealer Cults. Looking forward to seeing which you choose :tu:

I'm putting a chaplain up for Feb. I've got two ideas for a year long slow burn vow - any chance you could decide the issue with a dice roll Sir Grotsmasha? The issue in question, a big batch of Fists in crusade MKII, OR.. the cast from Ultramarines the movie in imperial fist colours...

med_gallery_80881_12688_25951.jpg

I'm putting a chaplain up for Feb.  I've got two ideas for a year long slow burn vow - any chance you could decide the issue with a dice roll Sir Grotsmasha?  The issue in question, a big batch of Fists in crusade MKII, OR.. the cast from Ultramarines the movie in imperial fist colours...

Love that model, and those are both good options for a slow-burn project. I chose a Blue die for the UM cast and a Yellow die for mkII Marines, with the highest roll winning, and...

Hidden Content

... the Yellow rolled a 4 vs the Blues 2, looks like a mkII Crusade force is in your future :tu:

@Grotsmasha: Lovely mini! That is an intense yellow.

@Trokair: Thanks for your comments! The lines on your rievers a re really crisp, looking forward to your Magos Reductor.

@Azaiel: Beautiful miniature!

@marcusc: Thanks! I'm pleased with how they've turned out. Love your tech marines, they look very intimidating! Great battle damage.

@Eib.Almera: Very nice Crimson Fist.

@Rogue and Rogue's Wife: Beautiful, crisp paint jobs.

@Cactus: That's great skin and the mask is super freaky...

@TheOneTrueZon: Flame-On!

Really great stuff going on in this thread, sorry if I missed anyone.

Assuming I get a break in the weather to base coat this guy... :

I, Rikkumon, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete one Kill Team Lord Commissar by month's end.

Commissar_1.JPG

Rikkumon

I, Sabadin , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 1 Tyranid Deathleaper. Seeing as this guy is already started i don't need to worry about uncooperative priming conditions this month.

gallery_48561_7422_117133.jpg

Edited by Sabadin

Hey there Grotsmasha, do I have to pledge the same unit I didn't finish for Feb or can I pledge something else? Cos I reckon I can get at least one of this assault squad finished this month but not sure on the whole squad.

There is no obligation to continue last month's pledge :tu:

Feel free to jump onto something new f you'd like 

As the weather inhibits any attempt to get the next round of painting started, and I have been a little distracted with one of my other projects, I have not followed this thread as closely as I would have liked, time to rectify this.

Bother Callidan, re the eyes, could be a reflection from the armor, or colour discrepancy due to background light. I have noticed before that the colour in the photos I take dose not quite match up with what it is on the model.

Arkhanist, looking pretty good for test models, and as you say better to discover now you don’t like a part then after you have committed to a larger army.

Rikkumon, Thank you. Nice reposing of that Commissar.

Dwango, all hail the imperial Space Marine, looking forward to seeing him finished. Great looking Command rhino, is that

Focslain, I take it the red ones go faster :). Also is that a railgun?  

Rogue, nice stealers, and nice Ruststalkers as well. Now who would win that fight?

Tordeck, that is an impressive demon prince, what is he made of?

Marcusc, Thanks, good work on the Techmarines

So I can't find the box of WG commissars I got... which is worrying, but my house has eaten bigger and more expensive things before.

@Trokair - It's the muzzle of a railgun attached to the body of a ion cannon, so both heavy Tau weapons to make one heck of a smash gun.

So I started and figured I take this squad as my Feb vow.

20190203 225629 1164x873

As a bonus I'll finish this warglaive I got in a trade as a freeblade for my crusade army.

freebladewip

I, Focslain , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 3 Devastator Centurions and a warglaive Freeblade  by month's end.

I, Gederas , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete Cor ignis, Brandherz, or Fire Heart (Renegade Knight w/ dual Thermal Cannons & Meltagun) by month's end.

wrL9vJn.jpg

Not my first rodeo with a Knight, but the first one I'm painting for myself :lol:

I, Arkhanist, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 3 Neophyte Hybrids by month's end.

I did some test models in the Rusted Claw scheme a while back, but now I want to try and streamline it some. I also need to come up with a new basing scheme; my original approach was rusty industrial/hive underworld which worked quite nicely (if slow to do), but I think it might be a bit odd with bikes and goliaths etc as I'm aiming eventually for a fairly mechanised army. So some sort of rubble-strewn sector imperialis, perhaps.

Anyway, proof of starting point.

Edited by Arkhanist

This looks like an amazing idea!!!

Grotsmasha, I hate to be “that guy” by asking, but it is too late to jump on board this party, or was the end of January the cut off? The last 5-6 months has been exhausting in real life, and my hobbying has greatly suffered. This looks like a great way for me to get back in the swing of things

This looks like an amazing idea!!!

Grotsmasha, I hate to be “that guy” by asking, but it is too late to jump on board this party, or was the end of January the cut off? The last 5-6 months has been exhausting in real life, and my hobbying has greatly suffered. This looks like a great way for me to get back in the swing of things

Jump on in Greenz, the challenge is open to new participants at any time :tu:

I, Brother Callidan, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete a Deathwatch Sergeant by month's end

Going to go small this month as I was planning on sticking with an army for the whole event but didn't enjoy Dark Eldar as much as I was hoping I would. 

so I'm going to give the deathwatch another go. It will work out in the fact I have a bunch of them kicking around so fingers crossed I will stick to it.

Feb.2019Start