To ally the enemy?

Frostglaive

We see the Imperial Soup lists. The Eldar/Ynnari soup lists. Chaos with Daemons. Nurgle with Death Guard. Genestealer Cult with Tyranids (and or Guard). And from a keyword and fluff perspective, these all make perfect sense.

But unless I'm missing something in the rulebook, there's nothing to say that an Imperium detachment can't ally with a Chaos detachment, or the different Xenos races with others, and so on. We may see that in 2v2 games and so on, but I personally have never seen anyone bring 2 different detachments of completely different armies (ex. Guard with Orks or something).

Did I miss something in the rulebook saying we can't do that? Is this some unspoken taboo thing that I'm just not aware of? Or am I just blowing this out of proportion and people don't do this just because they don't care to try?

Okay, that's what I wasn't too sure about. Been a while since I read that part of the rulebook... which I don't own anymore anyways. I know Open Play is essentially just 'anything goes' (within the rules of course), and Narrative isn't too different. I wasn't 100% sure if it was legal in Matched Play or not.

Thanks!

Best narrative scenario is space marines/chaos space marines vs a horde army where all the space marines have lieutenant/exChamp stats (but not character status of course) and multiplying their shots by a factor of two (bolters are rapid 2, stormbolters are rapid 4, etc).

They feel like lore space marines.

Archived