Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unforgiven Consecrators

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,189 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

Very nice work on those breachers, I especially like the heraldry on the shields it's a nice touch.

• Johanhgg likes this

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts

Very nice work on those breachers, I especially like the heraldry on the shields it's a nice touch.

Thanks alot! Im thinking about the sgt heraldry. I think i will do a quarter of it in white and black checkers. Im also thinking about adding a Black Templars-cross as an honour-marking for assisting Black Templars in some way. I dont know yet if thats a good or bad Idea πŸ˜€

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts
Yes! The veteran breachers are done! And a third black knight.

68729D70F9AF45C68F04.jpeg
8986B6900027465F93A4.jpeg
2D2860ACF0D94D3B8B3A.jpeg

• Grotsmasha, Calgar 2.0, Kizzdougs and 1 other like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,668 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

That's some swift work, white and black works well on the sergeant's crest.

• Johanhgg likes this

Brother Mayhem

Brother Mayhem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts
  • Faction: Brotherhood of Slaughter

If I ever did DA, it'd be these guys. Cool gritty look, but I think some more free hand maybe on the army (checkers etc) could add a little more variety to them, as they are very "black" (of course haha). However, if that is your goal, then it still looks good.

• Stoic Raptor and Johanhgg like this

"We Are  Returned!" - Black Legion / Death Guard Plog

http://www.bolterand...tes-plog-bl-dg/

1430777548837_zps1fkqximx.png

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 837 posts

Im changing direction of my dark angels, solely by the fact that I don’t like the green color of the dark angels and the fact that consecrators is a damn cool chapter!

Some marines, a talonwing knight and my soon to be Nakir, chapter master.

*Gasp* What is this heresy?

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,079 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

I love the ancient look of the Consecrator Chapter! Keep up the sterling work :tu:

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts

Im changing direction of my dark angels, solely by the fact that I don’t like the green color of the dark angels and the fact that consecrators is a damn cool chapter!

Some marines, a talonwing knight and my soon to be Nakir, chapter master.

*Gasp* What is this heresy?

I’m old fashioned like that! I hang on to the legion-colors πŸ˜€

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts
Thanks a lot for your comments guys! It really motivates me to keep going! Yes consecrators are cool, what not to like with ancient marks of armour and black! Oh some more black:

3A063B502C614A05BB1F.jpeg
  • Grotsmasha, Bjorn Firewalker and Pearson73 like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,527 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Great job on the Ravenwing bikers.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

High_King_Mathorne

High_King_Mathorne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
Awesome work on those veteran breachers, I love how properly gritty they look!

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts
@Bjorn Firewalker - Thanks man!
@High_king_mathorne - Thanks alot! Yes its a Dark future of war and that needs to be felt on the marines 😊

Work on the master of raptorwing has begun:

524BEBC55F534929A82B.jpeg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,527 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Is the "Raptorwing" a Consecrators-specific term for their Ravenwing-equivalent, or does it identify a different unit- maybe the Chapter's Aerospace Support (gunships, fighter-bombers, interceptors, aerospace transports)?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts

Is the "Raptorwing" a Consecrators-specific term for their Ravenwing-equivalent, or does it identify a different unit- maybe the Chapter's Aerospace Support (gunships, fighter-bombers, interceptors, aerospace transports)?

Yes its the consecrators given name to ravenwing, other successors use talonwing for an example. Or was it the other way around? I need to check it out πŸ˜€

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,840 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)

These look great! I really love your breachers. I'm going to have to add some to my army eventually. I love how the shields look.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts

These look great! I really love your breachers. I'm going to have to add some to my army eventually. I love how the shields look.

Thanks alot brother!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,872 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

An excellent blog here - Good to see more Consecrators here! :tu:

Great work with the black - sounds simple recipe but I bet if I tried it, I'll mess it up! Congrats and keep it up! 

FOR THE LION AND THE FIRST!

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts

An excellent blog here - Good to see more Consecrators here! :tu:

Great work with the black - sounds simple recipe but I bet if I tried it, I'll mess it up! Congrats and keep it up!

FOR THE LION AND THE FIRST!

Thanks alot man! My only problem is aqquiring some consecrators-transfers! But ill think im going to get that covered! :)

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,872 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Hey, if you find a source, let me know! :lol:

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts

Hey, if you find a source, let me know! :lol:

πŸ˜€ sure thing

Kraad Belak

Kraad Belak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Faction: Fallen. GSC. All Things Chaos.

THOSE BREACHERS!

Mate, I am loving this scheme. The minis are looking fantastic.

I am jealously awaiting more from you.

• Captain Semper likes this

Fallen Dark Angels.

http://www.bolterand...a-fallen-angel/

"You don't know the things I dream. No one does, no one ever cared enough to find out."

- The Primarch Perturabo.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 749 posts

THOSE BREACHERS!

Mate, I am loving this scheme. The minis are looking fantastic.
I am jealously awaiting more from you.

Thanks alooot brother! There will be more soon! Just took a little break from consecrators and did some on my Space Sharks :)
  • Captain Semper likes this

Stoic Raptor

Stoic Raptor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,239 posts
  • Faction: Raptors, Space Wolves

Those breacher shields look fantastic!  I love the different heraldry for each soldier.

I've considered doing Consecrators - I like the Dark Angels and the Consecrators logo is reminiscent of the Chalice symbol of the Unitarian Universalist Church, so it has a special appeal to me.

I just don't like painting black armor - it's not hard for me to do, I just prefer not to.  It's part of the reason I went Raptors instead of Raven Guard.

Keep up the good work.

Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.
Execute every act of thy life as though it were thy last.  - Marcus Aurelius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users