Warhammer 40k "Champion of Terra" Tournament

steamius

Looks like a great event. Can you tell us more about the Story?

Thanks! 

Do you mean the backstory of the entire battle? Well, I wanted to make a full blown video about it. But dident have time to finish the scrip yet. So in shirt, it went like this:

Inquisitor Isenhorn got news that a Deathwatch company had an encounter with Aeldari. They won that battle and got hold of some Xeno Relic. Isonhorn, and his fellow Inquisitors, went to recover the Relic. After getting possession of it, they decided to seal it of in an Imperium Vault, meant to hold any Xeno relics. The closest Vault was on an Imperium planet guarded by Tallarn. Upon landing to the planet, the Relic started reacting to it. It sent waves of energy to all closest planets, and those waves where picked up by other forces. The Tallarn dident know what was happening, and since they where tasked with guarding the Vault, they opened fire at  the landed Deathwatch and Inquisitors.

Tau where close by, and where planing to do something known to them only. But when they got a signal from the wave, their plans changed. And one of the Tau forces went to the planet, where Tallarn and Isenhorn where battling. While the other force stayed behind to finish whatever they where doing< only to find them selves be attacked by Thousand Sons, that where led by non other then Ahriman, who has his own agendas. 

Some were not far, unknown to the Empire, the wave awakened a Tomb World. But the awakening damaged the Relics signal, so the defeated Aeldary force received it, as if it was it came from the Tomb World. And they went there, where their battle with Necrons happened.

When the dispatched Tau force came close to the source of the Relic, they where attacked by Blood Angels cruiser. It turned out, that Isenhorn, send out a distress call to all near by Imperium ships, asking for help. And the first one to arrive was the Blood Angles led by Mephiston. When seeing Tau, they immediately thought that they where the ones that attacked the Inquisitor, so a battle happened between those two.

So those where the first games. And all the backstory, is written by the outcome of all three games. So I wanted the games, and players, to write the narrative them selves. And the outcome of this event, will have a mark on the second one. But I digress.

In the end, Tallarn defeated the Deathwatch and recovered the Relic from them. Isenhorn had to retreat with his force, unknowing the the Relic was lost. So the Tallarn managed to safely seal the Xeno Relic safely in the Vault, unknowing that they will have a bigger battle ahead of them.

Meanwhile Ahriman defeated Tau force, that where facing him. And found out that they where seeking the Vault the whole time. Apparently Tau wanted something from the Vault, and they where on a secret mission. Knowing that the Vault is close, Ahriman decided to pay it a visit. Upon landing on the planing, he found marks of battle, that ended not so long ago. It was the same area where Isenhorn and Larrant had their battle. But he, and his Thousand Sons where attacked by the same Aeldari force that where fighting Necrons previously. They managed to defeat they old foe, and some how found the location of the Vault (Still working of this part of the story).

Tau force managed to escape the space combat with Blood Angles, and hid them selves. While Mephiston found the location of Isenhorn, wand wanted answers. Something went wrong in their conversation, and scuffle broke out. In that scuffle, a Blood Angle captain smashed the head of an Inquisitor with a thunder hammer. (Also working on this part).

In the end, Isenhorn and Mephiston went back to the initial battle ground, to find Aeldari there. Isenhorn took it upon him self, to kill every one of them. While Mephiston felt the presence of Tau, that managed to escape him, and went for them. 

Tau that where defeated by Ahriman, regrouped and wanted to leave the planet. But where faced by Necrons that got resurrected after the fight with Aeldari. The Necrons slaughtered all of them. The overlord looked in the sky, and knew, he still has an important role.

The Tau where chased down by Mephiston and his Blood Angels, and also defeated. Some of them managed to escape, and most likely report back. 

Blackwatch where crushed by Aeldari. The Blackwatch suffered a lot of casualties by the hands of Imperium forces, which is very Ironic. And in the end where ultimately killed of. Only Isenhorn survived, but his whereabouts are unknown.

While all this was happening, Ahriman faced the full force of Tallarn, guarding the Vault. The battle near the entrance was fierce. Tzeenches presence was felt, and that presence granted Thousand Sons more power. The Tallarn tried to protect the Vault, but ultimately where defeated. Ahriman personally made sure, that every single one of them was killed of. And thus they opened the Vaults doors.

As you can see, the story is very raw. I need more time and effort to finish it of. 

Those are some great looking armies! The Necrons with Tomb King heads are ... interesting. I love and miss my Tomb Kings but I don't think it fits that well tbh. :D

Gonna watch the video later today so can't say anything about that.

Those are some great looking armies! The Necrons with Tomb King heads are ... interesting. I love and miss my Tomb Kings but I don't think it fits that well tbh. :biggrin.:

Gonna watch the video later today so can't say anything about that.

To each their own ^^D Some people dident like the Thousand Sons color scheme. 

Be sure to let me know what you thought about the video ^^)

Archived