Reorganization of the Chaos Army List forums

Quixus

I just noticed that Deathguard and Thousand Sons get their own army list forums but Chaos Daemon lists are lumped in with CSM and Traitor Guard (if that is still a thing). Wouldn't either dividing the forums by codex or doing only one chaos list forum make finding where to put your list easier?

(Not a decision)

Yes, our basic forum structure is based on codices - so a codex will have a forum and an army list sub-forum. The other factor that comes into play is whether or not a faction has enough community support - will there be enough traffic (i.e., discussion) to warrant a dedicated forum? This comes down to application of resources - manpower (moderators).

Chaos currently has codices for Chaos Space Marines, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, and Chaos Daemons. From a purely codex-based standpoint, there would be forums and army list sub-forums for each of those codices.

The monkey wrench in the works is the lost and the damned. Prior to 8th edition, codex support for that faction was based on Imperial Armour Volume Thirteen. With the transition to 8th edition, however, there is only Imperial Armour Index: Forces of Chaos and Imperial Armour Index: Forces of the Astra Militarum. The Eyrine Cults and Renegades and Heretics factions exist, with the latter appearing to be the official "lost and the damned" faction; however, these don't constitute a codex.

Your suggestion is sound - either a codex-based structure for the army lists sub-forums, or a single all-encompassing Chaos army lists sub-forum.

The admins will discuss and determine which path (or a modification thereof) we will take.

I'll second the want for a Daemon only army list subforum. Just the day before yesterday I got bored and wanted to look up some Daemon lists but had to look through all the lists I didn't care about at all which was kinda annoying. ^^

I'll second the want for a Daemon only army list subforum. Just the day before yesterday I got bored and wanted to look up some Daemon lists but had to look through all the lists I didn't care about at all which was kinda annoying. ^^

The converse to this argument is that if everyone used tags, in this case Chaos Daemons army list, you could simply click on the tag to see just the Chaos Daemons army lists.

The converse to this argument is that if everyone used tags, in this case Chaos Daemons army list, you could simply click on the tag to see just the Chaos Daemons army lists.

Theoretically you're right, however people don't really use the Tag feature properly so it doesn't really work like that.

uUfjHmh.png

The Lost and the Damned is a bit of an oddity given they don't really have any rules beyond the Forge World lists at the moment. It's not even like you could rename the sub-forum given there's more than one list that they are represented in. Besides, the Lost and the Damned has a nice ring to it.

Archived