Crimson Fist Airbrush Help

Lemondish

Hello everyone!

I have received two huge amazing hobby gifts for the holidays. One, an Imperial Fist Primaris battleforce box, and the other an airbrush. I'm so new to airbrushes that the next few weeks of hobby time will be dedicated to figuring it all out.

Now, I was originally just going to add the battleforce to my Deathwatch collection, but when I considered how much the airbrush might help make a more colourful marine army look great...well, I started to plan out a new project.

I've been inspired heavily by neonmole's Blood Angel Primaris force over on that side of the board and now that I have an airbrush I can try and emulate it - but instead of the Angels, I've been looking at making use of all these fist icons to make some Crimson Fists!

Only issue is that I haven't found much online to help guide me in colour selection or techniques. Anybody have any suggestions or links to tutorials that might help for painting Crimson Fists with an airbrush?

What brand(s) of airbrush paints do you plan on using? There are several current discussions about using airbrushes in the Forge, including discussions on paint brand options.

Don't have any preference, though Vallejo appears to be the most popular. The Forge seemed to only have Imperial Fist discussion, but I'll head over there to see if I've missed any Crimson Fist talk. Thanks!

Dark undercoat. Airbrush white on raised areas to create highlights. This is called pre highlights. The white will create soft highlights when sprayed over. Cover with Airbrushef thin coats of your choice of blue (I use Vallejo Prussian Dark Blue). Shade with dark wash in recessed areas. Highlight to desired level. Airbrush is excellent for quick and pretty Marines.

Archived