Designing a loyal 32

Rune Priest Ridcully

Fun fact I discovered the other day: A minimum AdMech battalion is 15 points cheaper than a minimum Guard battalion. Cheapest way for us to get those bonus CPs, I believe. I picked some up and I'm going to paint them in Deimos colors for maximum fluff.

What do you use in the admech battalion? I look at astra militarum and start adding tanks and then it's not 32 :sad.:

I played around with that as well, but quickly came to the conclusion that the HQs AdMech has don't boost their Troops quite as nicely as Guard Commanders.

However, you use Rangers or Vanguard, depending on wether you want to have them camping in the backfield or advancing up the table, and just take two Enginseers as cheap HQs or, if you have any vehicles, mechanics for that.

If you have your Skitarii camping, a Transurainc Arquebus won't hurt... (60" Heavy 1 S7 -2 D3 weapon that can target any Character it wants and does a mortal wound in addition to normal damage on any wound roll of 6+ but can only be fired if it didn't move at all in the preceding movement phase)

What do you use in the admech battalion? I look at astra militarum and start adding tanks and then it's not 32 :sad.:

I played around with that as well, but quickly came to the conclusion that the HQs AdMech has don't boost their Troops quite as nicely as Guard Commanders.

However, you use Rangers or Vanguard, depending on wether you want to have them camping in the backfield or advancing up the table, and just take two Enginseers as cheap HQs or, if you have any vehicles, mechanics for that.

If you have your Skitarii camping, a Transurainc Arquebus won't hurt... (60" Heavy 1 S7 -2 D3 weapon that can target any Character it wants and does a mortal wound in addition to normal damage on any wound roll of 6+ but can only be fired if it didn't move at all in the preceding movement phase)

Definitely. I've run Loyal 32 a couple of times in my GK lists, and I find that often I forget their abilities or I just completely misuse them. I have no interest in running an AM list, which very obviously hampers my ability to utilize them to their fullest. With the AdMech battalion, I can deploy them on an objective and forget about them for the rest of the game. They are there solely to give my Paladins +5 CP, after all.

Definitely. I've run Loyal 32 a couple of times in my GK lists, and I find that often I forget their abilities or I just completely misuse them. I have no interest in running an AM list, which very obviously hampers my ability to utilize them to their fullest. With the AdMech battalion, I can deploy them on an objective and forget about them for the rest of the game. They are there solely to give my Paladins +5 CP, after all.

Well, I gotta admit one thing: the Skitarii (good times when they had their own codex) pack quite a punch for their cost. They die like flies, but their guns hit hard.

I think an army of them would be seriously scary to face and as a 32, they could - could - pull their weight and more.

I gotta get on building a list to suit my needs right away, I've always fancied the models and I might just get some...

I think an army of them would be seriously scary to face and as a 32, they could - could - pull their weight and more.

Having an AdMech player with mostly Skitarii in my group I can confirm that. Probably my least favourite army to face in casual matches because no matter what they bring it always seems to be a pain to deal with. Infantry dies fast and that's good because you really don't want to ignore them and their big guns (Onager and Kastellans) are pretty durable for their damage output. Much of it comes from Stratagems and special rules tho ... the Skitarii Stratagem that gives a unit +1 to-hit (+2 if they have one of the rather common cheap upgrades) just feels broken a lot of times for example lol

Archived