NMM Ultramarines - A light in the darkness

koran

Okay wow so you are printing the bases on your own that's quite the labour, i'd say!

In addition definiatly add the small pieces of rubble later, so that you can decide what needs to be added instead of maybe being disapointed with the already finished Base! It's always easier to add something than to removing it later.

Thanks guys.

@CardinalVirtue:  Yeah, I was really worried about the expense when I bought mine but Im loving it.  I can make things more quickly in 3D design in a lot of instances and its more precise.  Im looking forward to making more of these urban bases for the whole army (hoefully to put up for download at some point, possibly on a Kickstarter).

@Aarik:  Thank man, thats the best compliment I could get.

@Mr Yellow:  I agree in some ways.  The Primaris models are lovely to paint but their sudden appearence was a bit jarring.  But at the same time it goes with the return of Guilliman and I love the fluff of a Primarch seeing the Imperium "now" and being pissed at what has been done to the dream of them and the Emperor.  And the possibility of doing an army that isnt all "grim dark" but more viewing themselves as bringing hope to the Imperium.  I think that really brings a way to pull the 30k/HH asthetic of Ultramarines into 40k.  More "Greek" and bringing enlightenment (even though the Galaxy is even more screwed).

Archived