Blood Raven beginnings

strawberry fist

Hi all,

As the title suggests I’m starting a Blood Raven army via conquest and the hero series and wanting to make it a fluffy army.

So far I have

Angelos

Hero captain

10 Tactical squad with plasma and missile with drop pod

2 lieutenants

5 intercessor

5 hellblasters

What else would you guys suggest for a fluffy list?

As none of the codexes particularly favour the heavy use of psykers I would pick the one whose playstyle matches what you want to play the most. Dark Angels will be good if you want to run a lot of Terminators or plasma, Blood Angels if you want a melee focussed playstyle or the standard codex if you like their chapter tactics etc.

As for your list, as Lemondish says, you’ll want some librarians for Blood Ravens. In a more general sense you’re definitely going to want a bit more heavy firepower. Lots of good sources for it though, more hellblasters, normal devastators, vehicles or dreads, especially the Forgeworld ones.

Warptime and Diabolic Strength aren't particularly chaotic effects. Just rename the powers. Treason of Tzeentch could be Lure of the Shiny Baubles. :wink:

For the armour you could go with a Iron Warrior/Imperial Fist detachment. Too bad characters can't take heavy weapons, I think Avitus would make a great Iron Warrior.

Archived