=] The Boxing Day Bash 2018 [=

Grotsmasha

gallery_48988_6285_311440.png

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword's 2nd Annual Boxing Day Bash, the premise is simple; Build, Paint, and Base 1 (or more) model/s in 24hrs.

The Rules are as follows;

• Build, paint, and base one (or more) models.
  • 24hr limit, determined by the time of Participants "Vow" post. Everybody gets 24hrs starting at any time on THEIR local Boxing Day.
  • "Completion" standard set by Participant.
  • Each Vow made for the Participants sub/forum of choice.
  • Each completion earns one point for building the model/s, two points for building AND painting the model/s, and a total of three points for building AND painting, AND basing their model/s within the 24hr time period.
  • A fourth point will be awarded for multiple models completed within the 24hrs time period.
  • Two pictures are required, one picture of the bitz or sprue, and one of the completed model/s.
  • Primed bitz/sprue will be accepted.
  • Individual points can be earned for completing any one of the three criteria.
  • Sub-assemblies will be accepted for larger models.

Please post your vows here, in this thread with the following format,

I, {insert your name}, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base {insert unit/s here} for the honour of the {insert your sub-forum} within the 24hrs time limit.

You can signify your participation by adding one of the following badges to your signature if you so desire,

gallery_48988_11572_10806.png

There will be other badges awarded at the conclusion of the event.

Have fun, lets see some cool models.

I, Lord Ranulf, accept The Boxing Day Challange and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Valhallan Sergeant and four Valhallan Guardsmen for the honour of the + Astra Militarum + within the 24hrs time limit. 

For Valhalla and the glory of the Imperial Guard!

S9LDzXd.jpg

-Ran

I, Grotsmasha, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and how to Build, Paint, and Base 1x Space Marine Heroes model (dear god, please not another Brother Garus...) for the honour of the Dark Angels within the 24hrs time limit.

gallery_48988_11572_10498.jpg

EDIT:

Holy :cuss I got Captain Thaddeus.....

I got so excited I pushed him together and primed him..... hopefully I can let him apart to get at that cloak...

gallery_48988_11572_32481.jpg

I

Holy :censored: I got Captain Thaddeus.....

Nice. Only one I am missing from my "Black Legion" Heroes Series.

I, Tordeck, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base 1 Infernal Enrapturess for the honour of the Chaos within the 24hrs time limit. (which for me starts in a lil under 2 hours lol)

vow pic

IMG_0133_zpsg56xdqqj.jpg

edit 1 - 1 hr into boxing day

IMG_0134_zpsalavaw8r.jpg

edit 2 - 4 hours into boxing day. time for a nap and to let these dry a little

IMG_0136_zpsukdmqprg.jpg

There's nearly three-quarters of an hour to go until my Boxing Day Starts, but I figure I will strike while the iron is hot! :wink:

I, Man of Iron, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base the Imperial Robot UR-025 for the honour of the Adeptus Mechanicus sub-forum within the 24hrs time limit.

med_gallery_127575_15112_60919.jpg

Less than half an hour until the 26th for me, might as well put the before picture now before I forget to take the picture :laugh.:

I, Gederas, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base Karanak for the honour of Chaos within the 24hrs time limit.

Soqx7jg.jpg?2

Well, then I will join a second time, to defend the honor of a past long forgotten.

I, Dreagher, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base two tech-thralls for the honour of the Horus Heresy sub-forum within the 24hrs time limit.

Tech-thralls WIP

I, Claws and Effect, on behalf of my amazing wife, accept the Boxing Day Challenge and vow to build, paint and base 1 Primaris Captain for the honor of the Blood Angels within the 24 hours time limit. 

20181226 080807

She wanted to participate as well, but is not a member, so I'm making the vow on her behalf. 

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, accept the Boxing Day Bash challenge and vow to build, paint, and base one Tactical Marine with plasma gun for the glory of the Space Marines Subforum, and the Dawn Blades chapter, to be completed within twenty-four hours of this vow. May the Emperor and Ferrus Manus curse me if I fail.

It’s brother Promethor, but I’m not painting him up as UM. We’ll see how long this takes me. Primed him yesterday due to travel today, but hopefully this is still acceptable. Painting in sub-assemblies for the first time on a small model, so let’s find out if I can do this.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/249861-boxing-day-bash-2018-starting-pic/

Alright then, let's go old school on this challenge now that I am home and ready to rock and start a new addition to Operation Reclamation.

I, Brother Cambrius, accept The Boxing Day Challange and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Rogue Trader Legio Rhino for the honour of the + LIBER ASTARTES + within the 24hrs time limit.

med_gallery_26154_4148_247324.jpg

I've had this model in my pile of bitz for 7 years ish form a friend's old set of minis in the 90s. About time it got some paint and rocking the colours of the Legio Bolter and Chainsword.

Cambrius

I, Cactus, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base the Imperial Robot UR-025 for the honour of the Adeptus Mechanicus sub-forum within the 24 hrs time limit.

imgur.com/gallery/WukYmsn

I, Kinstryfe, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a conversion off of etb Brother Castor for the honour of the Lamenters (so I guess Blood Angels) within the 24hrs time limit.

Starting vow, Brother Castor and Sanguinary Guard for parts. Please excuse me if I get creative and go bits box diving while I'm building...

wgQFm1F.jpg

My wife's vow, complete for the glory of the true sons of Sanguinius. 

She's been working for a while on a nice deep red for her BA. I think she succeeded. She has a pretty stunning Tyranid army too. I've been pestering her to join so you guys can see how awesome they are too. She won Armies on Parade at our local GW store with her Nids  :)

I, Chaeron, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Sons of Horus Chieftain for the honour of the Horus Heresy subforum within the 24hrs time limit.

283B8DA2-FE86-46D2-B6ED-4925E91C3B6A.jpe

Lupercal!

(NB: that extra arm and backpack are from the other model in the set, but as I’ve not got an idea for how best to do the banner, it’s probably sensible to leave for the time being!)

Archived