Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DIY chapter idea - Starting this idea!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

Hello guys.
I am trying to come by with a chapter of my own and decided to start this thread in order to get ideas flowing and maybe ask your help with suggestions and such.

So far the idea is that the first company of the chapter deploys in mk3 iron armour and, whilst is a veteran company, it only has squads of sternguard, vanguard, company veterans and devastators.

In game, the devastators might have the cherubim to represent their veteran status.
Also, the Vanguard veterans may not use jump packs, as the army is based for space warfare and boarding actions and the mk 3 iron is quite bulky and heavy.

The other companies may wear other marks of armour but mk3 is reserved to the 1st.

No terminators in the army though, as most of the resources would go towards adquiring these plates.

There is a heavy component of scouts, but they are from the 10th company as usual.

Speaking of icons, the squads are marked by battlefield disposition in the right shoulderpad with the squad number on top.
The company number is displayed on the right knee via heraldry (something like what the dark angels and blood angels do). Right shoulderpad in the case of scouts squads.

The colour scheme might be something like this (maybe freehanding the eagle when necessary)

sm.php?b62c=@iakk7_hbTKH.hwQiJ_.__@@@hez

I will modify this as i expand on the idea of the chapter.

Any questions and comments would be nice, as i am completely at a loss when creating chapters.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by nusphigor, 03 January 2020 - 12:04 AM.

• Brother Casman likes this

gallery_45765_12339_6416.png

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Hello guys.
I am trying to come by with a chapter of my own and decided to start this thread in order to get ideas flowing and maybe ask your help with suggestions and such.

So far the idea is that the first company of the chapter deploys in mk3 iron armour and, whilst is a veteran company, it only has squads of sternguard, vanguard, company veterans and devastators, classified as a normal company.

Making the units on the field as this:
Sternguard and company veterans = battleline
Vanguard = fast attack
Devastators = heavy support

In game, the devastators might have the cherubim to represent their veteran status.

Sounds like a good start.

Also, the Vanguard veterans may not use jump packs, as the army is based for space warfare and boarding actions and the mk 3 iron is quite bulky and heavy.

Depending on where you look (e.g. Souldrinkers Omnibus), jump packs are a considered a good tool for boarding actions. But yes according to fluff MkIII and Jump Packs don't work together.

The other companies may wear other marks of armour but mk3 is reserved to the 1st.

Reasonable

No terminators in the army though, as most of the resources would go towards adquiring these plates.

Hardly a drawback in the current rules. censored.gif

Speaking of icons, the squads are marked by battlefield disposition in the right shoulderpad with the squad number on top.
The company number is displayed on the right knee via heraldry (something like what the dark angels and blood angels do)

I like it.

The colour scheme might be something like this (maybe freehanding the eagle when necessary)

I was about to recommend etched brass aquilas, but apparently Forgeworld no longer sells them.

• nusphigor likes this

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
Thank you brother.
I have some eagle brass but i've never learnt how to use them, so actually is far easier for me to free hand the icons xD

Any more ideas?
I was thinking of base the chapter badge with a boat, or something akin to a boat, as per the tale of the argonauts.

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Thank you brother.
I have some eagle brass but i've never learnt how to use them, so actually is far easier for me to free hand the icons xD

Is there more to it than getting them off the sprue and gluing them to the model?

Any more ideas?
I was thinking of base the chapter badge with a boat, or something akin to a boat, as per the tale of the argonauts.

Do the Simpsons sailboat picture msn-wink.gif

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts

Is there more to it than getting them off the sprue and gluing them to the model

I dont know. Somehow i always end up with those things and the mini super damaged and my hands full of superglue xD

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,477 posts
Nice scheme, it reminds me of the Masters of Protelus.

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,651 posts

Thank you brother.

Any more ideas?

If you think you're up to freehanding it, what about something based on the prowl of a trieme (with the traditional eye for style) https://goo.gl/images/UvvDxT

If you do that, I'd embrace the Argonaut theme, and make them a fleet based chapter. Maybe a distrust of teleportation as part of the reason they don't use termis.
  • Race Bannon, Cactus and nusphigor like this

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
gallery_29004_6198_5619.pngUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_7428.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts

Hello guys.
I was reading this again and, since i have some marines around i thought it might be a neat idea to do this project again!

Thank you brother.

Any more ideas?

If you think you're up to freehanding it, what about something based on the prowl of a trieme (with the traditional eye for style) https://goo.gl/images/UvvDxT

If you do that, I'd embrace the Argonaut theme, and make them a fleet based chapter. Maybe a distrust of teleportation as part of the reason they don't use termis.

This idea is really neat, i was toying with some trieme like symbols for the chapter icon. I'll upload a pic of them as soon as i have something i like.
Thank you brother roland.

As for gaming purposes, i still have the mk 2 and 3 marines around, i also have some mk 4 marines now to round things up. how ever, i do not have any more scouts as i sold most of them (didn't like them that much to be honest). Also i have some comptemptors and some rapiers to use in this idea.

I ordered some of the old badab characters to add them to the army in case i want to play with different chapter rules. as i usually organize the tournaments now i don't get to play them, so it's mostly 40k with beer and pretzels for me.

Please, if you have any ideas to add to this thread please don't hesitate to write them in here. every thought helps me a lot because i usually struggle when creating stuff.

I hope you guys can accompany me in this voyage!

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users