Gorehound’s Burning Roar

Holier Than Thou

I can't really think of any worse shooting weapon on the spot to be honest.

Handflamers are pretty meh with their 1d3 S3 auto-hits but still better than a single S4 auto-hit and at least they're cheaper and they're pistols so you could theoretically shoot them while being within 1" of the enemy. Also they'll get buffed to 1d6 shots soon anyway.

The Airburst Fragmentation Projector with its 18" 1d6 shots at S4 AP0 D1 for 8p on Crisis Suits is pretty terrible as well (equals 1.75 hits on average without any modifier) but I guess if T'au were forced to take it the redeeming feature would be that they could take 3 per model and that it can shoot without requirering LoS.

I guess Boltguns on basic Marines are only slightly better but the difference is that it's the basic weapon for the basic Marine you potentially have multiples of in a unit without paying anything on top of the actual model while the Burning Roar is only for very few models in a Bloodhound unit and you have to pay for it on top of the cost for the Bloodhound model.

There is no upside to it. The preview said that the Gore Hounds had two different pieces of wargear (claws and fangs), but of course that was an error. As time goes on, GW seems to get better by dropping points in Chapter Approved, but then at the same time seems to have learned nothing by making this “champion” a 9 point upgrade. I have a hard time reconciling the two.

At least it’s optional!

If it were a 1pt upgrade, yeah ok I'd take it to fill in points. But 9pts? A CSM Autocannon is 10...

I honestly have no idea what GW was thinking with this upgrade.

I sincerely hope it's a typo that will get fixed in the CA18 FAQ.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived